Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

I've got a 6400 on the burner right now...should be coming up on 10 hours. I'll stop it over the lunch hour (providing it aint already stopped :rolleyes: ).

Are your temps staying in check with the 1.60v???? Ya know...below 85c :eek:

Runnin 370x10 at 1.625 now with her mostly hovering at 70C, gets a bit higher on the small FFTs.

Are you gonna stop buyin processors man?? :P

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey - just saw your entry in the DB, OldGuy - you've given me hope! I was beginning to think the Allendale's wouldn't go that high on the Infinity.

What have you done witn NB cooling? - just a fan, or the HR-05?

Hey - just saw your entry in the DB, OldGuy - you've given me hope! I was beginning to think the Allendale's wouldn't go that high on the Infinity.

What have you done witn NB cooling? - just a fan, or the HR-05?

I attached a 50mm fan to it using some silicone adhesive...they had to make the damned thing right in between a 40 and a 50mm...oh well it works.

Did you attach that to the stock heatsink?

Yup...removed it, glued the 50mm fan on and re-attached with some AS5. The heat sink is about 45mm so I went a little bigger with the fan instead of using a 40mm. Try finding a 45mm fan...:)

I've got pics of my HR-05 next to my Noctua "honking big-butt" Heatsink on my other 'puter. Will transfer those in a little bit and post 'em. For those who haven't yet seen that Noctua, it's really big, but so far my temps have been in the high 30's-low 40's. At least that's what Everest is telling me ... :cool:

Pretty impressive memory reads you're getting there Oldguy. :)

370x10 @ 1.625 was a no go, I saw it run fine through six hours then it failed (and bluescreened) sometime in the next two.

Might bump it up a bit, and drop her back down to 1:1 and see if I can pull it off.

Last post for the fini and the 6400...All she could muster was a stable 416mhz on this board. My previous post was on stock voltage of 1.325v and a nice low 1.387 for this one. I already know the 6400 will go higher from using it in another board but that don't help us DFI'ers now does it ;) Where's me RD600???????? I got's me Conroes that need some real whoopin' laid on em'!!!

Last post for the fini and the 6400...All she could muster was a stable 416mhz on this board. My previous post was on stock voltage of 1.325v and a nice low 1.387 for this one. I already know the 6400 will go higher from using it in another board but that don't help us DFI'ers now does it ;) Where's me RD600???????? I got's me Conroes that need some real whoopin' laid on em'!!!

Yeah, well the 975 isn't known for clocking Allendales well at all, gotta grab a 965 for those apparently.

Dunno about the RD man, still want to try it out but there are other things I'd like to get first....like the difference between 3600 and 3800 (even if it got that far) is noticeable anyways.

Pretty impressive memory reads you're getting there Oldguy. :)

370x10 @ 1.625 was a no go, I saw it run fine through six hours then it failed (and bluescreened) sometime in the next two.

Might bump it up a bit, and drop her back down to 1:1 and see if I can pull it off.

I don't know to believe em' or not though it is consistant from the Infinity to the Asus...quite a big jump from low nines/high eights switching to the Allendale. I had to do a double take the first time I ran it. All other memory benchmarks are what we are used to seeing...

Damn!! six hours eh? Well a bump and divider are worth a shot just to see...it either will or it won't ya know...

Don't much matter in the speed difference, you are right about that, but we have to tinker...it's in our blood :)

During an Orthos run of my E6600 at 1.5v, I hit about 70C (usually high 60s) when measuring using Core Temp 0.9.0.91 (ITE Smart Guradian reports 5C higher). Are these near what you guys with E6600's would hit when you started dumping way too many volts into it?

Is this as far as I should go temp-wise on my E6600? I know some were hitting low 80s on water (cough cough OldGuy E6600 @ 3.8 cough cough)... what are some temps I should say at for 24/7 use? Idle is like, 43-45C in a decently ventilated case (Im working on it....) and full load is high 60/low 70s. Is this as far as I should push it?

Im working on an OCDB entry... for some reason, 3dMark01SE crashed on the last test and it rebooted my computer, so I lost my 8 hour Orthos run. :mad: :mad: :mad:

During an Orthos run of my E6600 at 1.5v, I hit about 70C (usually high 60s) when measuring using Core Temp 0.9.0.91 (ITE Smart Guradian reports 5C higher). Are these near what you guys with E6600's would hit when you started dumping way too many volts into it?

Is this as far as I should go temp-wise on my E6600? I know some were hitting low 80s on water (cough cough OldGuy E6600 @ 3.8 cough cough)... what are some temps I should say at for 24/7 use? Idle is like, 43-45C in a decently ventilated case (Im working on it....) and full load is high 60/low 70s. Is this as far as I should push it?

Im working on an OCDB entry... for some reason, 3dMark01SE crashed on the last test and it rebooted my computer, so I lost my 8 hour Orthos run. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I've got my feet wet enough to be comfy running 3d benchies after a nice long orthos session with zero failures thus far....but, I always used to run all my 3D benches before priming on my AMD rigs. Still a good habit as you have painfully found out...

Since my low 80's run I've kept my ambients nice and cool (mid 70's) and have only seen temps as high as 77c since then. Voltage and temps...that's really a personal choice of what you are comfortable with. For daily I wouldn't (and don't) push that hard, only for pushin' max to see what the CPU can do...anything in the low 3ghz range on any one of these puppies is more than enough for whatever we want to do...