Worldcup 2006 (merged)

Sorrento

Ack whew!

I'm sooooo tired lol.

My wife won't let me watch any game without her! She had to work late the last few days so I've had to avoid every form of media to not get scores, and I watched 5 games in the last 12 hours hahah!

Unreal games though, Tunisia deserved the tie great game, and the Germany game OMG was that the best ending!

Fantastic stuff, can't wait for England this afternoon!!!

Along with watching the games, I had to switch video cards, test voltages on my 2nd rail, and then all over again for both once I put the new one in. I also flashed my BIOS for the first time to the 704-2bta (reverted OC for the flash, took out one stick of RAM then reset all my stock settings and checked for stability, then went back to my OC settings!). Was holding my breath but everything went well. Last but not least I modded my case and took the side plexi off in preparation for mounting a few 120mm fans!

Ok tired now... must sleep!

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ecuador is #1 team of the world cup. In Group A Germany is second behind them... next game Germany has to beat Ecuador to be first in the group, something I really doubt they can do. Poland and Costa Rica can say goodbye now, the first trying their best and having very bad luck while the second doing nothing "concacaf style" :mad:

England vs. Trinidad in 64 minutes... hopefully we will see a great game.

Crouchaldinho???? What tha?

Watching ESPN2 WC Live! and the English fans are already dancing like Crouch's last goal celebration??? Domo arigato mr roboto? :shake:

This proves how everyone sees things diferently :tooth:

Trinidad & Tobago had the numbers against them again in this match... yeah, referee played for England :mad:

Lots of yellow cards for DOING NOTHING, while the English players had a licence to foul. Gerard had to receive a second yellow card SEVERAL TIMES, having one already didn't stop him from comiting more fouls and one of the last ones was a slide that should have sent him off. But I guess he and other English players are famous in Japan... :mad:

First goal was after a clear offiside on the right (header back to Beckham) too... :mad:

I guess the result is ok, can't reward a team who doesn't want to win... although T&T made everything in their power to win or at least draw, more can't be asked from them. They are still alive if Paraguay can do something, anything, against the Sweeds.

I understand whats the problem with England: Gerrard and Lampard SHOULD NOT play at the same time. The team has too much defense on the midfield with these two, but I guess Eriksson can't do much about it since thats who the English fans (press) want there. I would take Lampard out and instead move Beckham to his position in the midfield or just in front of Gerrard if the team should be more offensive, while taking Crouch out for Lampard if I wanted the team more defensive. In this game Beckham played as lateral defender in the end, while Gerrard ended up as a forward... I don't understan why since Beckham probably plays better inside the goal area.

But I shouldn't give free tips... keep playing you two, hehe.

Ecuador is still the best team so far... by far!

Gerrard and Lampard SHOULD NOT play at the same time
It's 1 of sven's main strategies 2 have them together, the idea being that 1 covers the other. Lampard goes forward gerrard covers. It hasn't gelled yet. :) The other thing tried briefly is for gerrard to play behind a single striker, with carragher playing midgield anchor role in front of defence.

tbh didn't notice card count . :nod:

I agree re brasil & argentina but am unsure re :-

Germany (aren't great but as hosts & they always seem lucky)

Spain (Seem settled with fgood attitude may be good outside bet)

England (Best side we've had 4 a while but maybe probably more likely to go out in quarter finals) Am not at all convinced about Italy & don't think they'll get 2 semis.

I hope Mexico will be there :D

atleast in quarters

It's 1 of sven's main strategies 2 have them together, the idea being that 1 covers the other. Lampard goes forward gerrard covers. It hasn't gelled yet. :) The other thing tried briefly is for gerrard to play behind a single striker, with carragher playing midgield anchor role in front of defence.

tbh didn't notice card count . :nod:

Thats tooooooooo much defense. They whole striking force depends on provoking errors from the adversaries, IMO thats 100% defense; there is no creation or ideas to make their own plays. Against a stronger team this tactic won't produce good results; next match vs. Sweeden will prove if I am right or wrong, since they IMO have a more balanced 11 and a stronger attack.

I think the strategy to have both would work if England faced somebody really strong like Italy, or better yet once they score and want to keep the score in favor: removing one of the forwards or carragher and making another move in the field to cover his position.

What I was glad to see was Wayne Rooney playing: he actually made a diference, his attitude to fight ever ball and try to go 1-1 against the defenders gave his team mates a better idea of how to do things. Its a shame he is still not 100% in his game.

1-0, very exciting match... its a shame Paraguay don't have a mind for the offense, only for defense; at least these guys have always played like this, ALWAYS :rolleyes:

ciberfog: "shhhh" don't say anything like that... we don't want anyone noticing us :nod:

I think the biggest weakness in english team is Owen he was out of form at liverrpool b4 going to madrid he didn't play regularly there & has been crocked(injured) at newcastle for last part of season. At best he is short of match practise at worst he's lost the pace which made his name. (which is the interesting comparison with rooney who has the speed that owen once had but i think he also has more strength than owen ever had.