New DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-MR2/G

Nah... and if that was the case, which it wasn't, I believe you had every right to do so.

Being in charge of forum, dealing with "forum people", that can be quite stressing... if I was in your shoes I would have quitted a long time and I would still be going to teraphy smiles-insomia.gif

:)

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the other hand, a NASCAR can get you to the store damn quick, even if that's all you're doing. ;)

At least there are no traffic limits on how fast your computer can run. :D

For me, I don't game much. I don't really need a fast computer. However, there's a lot of myself in it. I like having programs come up three nanoseconds before I click on the buttons. I like not having to worry about whether or not my system will run a big program should the need arise. But I also like telling people that I've got a computer that can do anything imaginable, and most of all that I built it and tweaked it myself to get the most out of it. I love it when people (read: cute girls) come up to me and ask me to help them decide on a processor for their PC. I love talking to girls that are into computers too, and being able to say things like "Athlon X2 4800+" without having to dumb it down. If I meet a girl who has a computer that she built, with a dual-core socket AM2 CPU, I find that attractive about her. That last bit is actually an inside joke, but I'm sadly kind of serious.

So I guess my point is, I may not drive my computer in a big oval track at 500 mph, but I'm still glad it's a NASCAR, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

You are geek, you know that don't you? icon12.gif

As for NASCAR... what do people see in that type of racing, boring type of racing if I may add... ??? :confused:

Oval racing, any type of oval racing either be on tarmac or dirt, is boring... and also very dangerous and pointless. A race should have corners on both direction... and also more than 4 corners. The race should start with all cars stopped according to their place in qualifying, or if its a rally they should start after a time interval between each other.

Correct me if I am wrong but the fixation between the US race fans and NASCAR, imo, is more about watching crashes than admiring racing skills amongst drivers and engineering achievments among the teams crew. Sorry for being so hard, its just that having so many wonderful racing tournaments out there, like Formula 1 and World Rally Championship, along the world motorcycle championship... NASCAR and the Indianapolis oval formula racing are just pathetic. OK, you like them, but why not like the more complex and exciting ones too?

NASCAR cars are fast... indeed, but they can only reach maximum speed after more than two complete turns on a huge oval like Daytona. The Indianapolis type formula for ovals more or less does the same thing... while a Formula 1 car can achieve maximum speed, usually faster than these two in just the straight of a regular circuit. Monza and Indianapolis (F1) have a record of 370+ kp/h (231+ mph), and the F1's have to stop and take a slow corner right then and start all over again. The level of technology is a century apart, its like racing a Ford model T against a Ford GT40, at least about technology and $$$. Did you knew Scott Speed, a "gringo" from California, drives for Squderia Toro Rosso??? If a Mexican was driving I would totally try to support and follow him every step of the way.

Ok, too exotic? What about Rally? The WRC is soooooo cool, and drives are sooooo great... that type of racing requires skill not found elsewhere, it is extreme and it is really fun. It is also a worldwide championship.

I think our computers have nothing to do with a NASCAR car, at least as a methaphore... they have more to do with more complex types of racing cars. Extreme speeds and cooling solutions, extreme hardware, nothing to do with stock computers you buy at Dell or HP or Gateway, also sometimes ages from these about technology. Also extremely expensive, nothing to do with NASCAR at all which is really cheap in comparison.

Ohh, there is the European GT championship... like NASCAR it uses stock car chassis design, but like NASCAR it doesn't have anything stock inside. But the good thing is how they race in regular NON oval circuits... and as such these are more fun to watch and safer too.

Uhh, oops, sorry for thread stealing... I am so pasionate about certain things I loose track of things; its all in good faith... icon11.gif

Hey, you guys seem bored. Check out this site.

Man... I thought some of the Intel AMD debates here got everybody worked up. He does have some interesting points about the cache size....Other threads on his site are almost off the deep end...:D

I do mainly numerical and scientific computing....AMD Opterons are used everywhere in this type of work due to the excellent floating point performance.

http://sharikou.blogspot.com/2006/04/conro...ing-busted.html

:shake:

Exactly. Oval track racing is like watching Prime95 run. Except the crashes don't amaze you, they piss you off. But at least you're not in the blistering heat, so it's a trade-off.

OMG, what i said in a thousand words is the same of what you said in a little parragraph icon12.gif

I have to apologize to the people reading this thread for hijacking it and for loosing my temper a little... I am too emotional about everything and I loose track of whats polite and whats harsh easily. I am sorry and I hope I never do that again icon11.gif

Exactly. Oval track racing is like watching Prime95 run. Except the crashes don't amaze you, they piss you off. But at least you're not in the blistering heat, so it's a trade-off.

actually, oval track crashes like in NASCAR are like watching Prime95...except when Prime95 crashes your motherboard explodes and flames jet out and catch the house on fire lol

Well I love formula 1 and have been watching since 1995 when Michael schumacher won the Monte Carlo GrandPrix for Renault during what was to become his 2nd world championship.

Now back to this 590 SLI "Formula1 qualifying engine" set-up you guys are working on. Another board I will not mention has been tested up to a FSB of 350 (Wow!!) of course this was on a low multiplier because the current 90nm stuff just seem to be CPU frequency limited.

What was also interesting about the 590 chipped boards was that they were also hitting a HTT of 1500 (compared to 1000 with the 939 stuff). How this inherent performance of Nforce590 combined with the extra bandwidth of DDR2 will combine with 65nm K8L Athlon I don't know.....but I am pretty stoked to see what can be unlocked later with these mobos.

Also it would be nice to see X32 SLI finally deliver a performance to cost advantage over single card set-ups for midrange budgets. Maybe when Direct X 10 comes this may become a reality.

Guest Timmay

You just summed it up better then I could have ever done. IMO the best motor sport to watch is WRC, that takes skill and balls.