New DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-MR2/G

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how the new board looks, though I doubt I will be going to AM@/Conroe in the next year.

Over clocking options, as previously mentioned that is what DFI is known for.

If the architecture allows for overclocking, then I don't care if its the ugliest board on the market.

Function first. If you ahve something and it works well, you don't change it.

When I saw the Nvidia board, the first thing I thought was NB Waterblocks, a small pump and a single 120RAD.!

glad to see more SATA Ports.

Hi guys

Im new here so sorry about the noobish questions.

the mobo has a 4x and an 8x, instead of 1x slots right so

well what works in a 4X or 8x slot?

and are those pci slots or pci express slots :eek2: ?

thanks

shirow

PCI slots are always the same

the 'odd' ones you see are PCI-E slots...as for what works in them....stuff lol

I only use the full 16x ones for vid cards...but I hear there are RAID cards that work in the other smaller PCI-E slots

Thought that this further realese DFI would change the chipset annoying fan but it seems they didn't. I'm sad for this, that chipset fan really pisses me of. Got a wb, MIPS FREEZER DFI LANPARTY NF4, to my SLI-DR, got to get another one to this or this one fits :rolleyes: ?

Very nice mobo indeed :)

Any sugestion about some memories for securely use in this mobo? Does this one solve the problem : OCZ PC2-5400 Gold GX XTC DDR2 2*512 ?

Any sugestion about some memories for securely use in this mobo? Does this one solve the problem : OCZ PC2-5400 Gold GX XTC DDR2 2*512 ?

If you really want to make the board fly try some of this stuff OCZ DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000)OCZ2P10002GEEK ...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820227092

I'm getting tremendous bandwidth and low latency at the same time with these sticks on a NON-DFI n590 board. The BIOS leaves a lot to be desired but I've been able to work my timings down to 3-4-3-12 at stock memory speeds.

I haven't been able to really OC the rig due to the BIOS not having enough options like a DFI BIOS. What I really want to do is get the memory up around 550MHz but I guess I'll have to wait on a DFI board for that.