The AMD 3GHz Club

OK I'm tired. lol I got the OCDB entry ready to go at 3026.with this 3700+ temps max at 55c.Ultra D. OK cool. now 55c with any BT is high and i might get a little more out of it SO we pull the lid ( like all 8 of my CPUs)

Now Ive pulled this BT three times now because the board CPU temps read 43c and core temp blow right off to shut down (100c) I cant see one thing wrong here with the CPU the lid came off clean. need more eyes here guys.

Update

OK I pulled it again put the lid back on lol and now the board CPU temp and CPU diode read the same. so I'm thinking i got a piece of the stock applied thermal paste is stuck on one of the transistors so off it comes and I hosed it down with some elec clean and back on now its running right. didn't help the fsb but the temps are were there suppose to be at 43c load

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one kitfit, what cooling was that on?

Mach2 GT, it has been modded mind you. Chilly1 head, desuperheater and a regas, plus it was tuned for 200w. It holds the cpu at -13c under dual Orthos at 1.65vcore(which that run was made at). The strange thing is though at 310x10 with 1.61vcore it holds the cpu at -18c. So for 24/7 use i'll probably stick with it at 310x10. At the moment the clock won't go any higher than 3.157gig, i think because of the 10c difference between the cores. So i'm going to reseat the head and see if i can get the core temps closer together.

My 3000+ won't go any higher than 2925 no matter what. Oh well it was worth a shot. I was expecting better results with the temps I was getting from a lidless AMD single core. -30 @ load.

I guess your Mach2 is charged with R404. May want to consider a regas with R507 at some point. My mach has had a couple of mods, still the factory evap and no desuperheater (yet) and will carry -15 on a C2D @ 1.62v loaded.

My 3000+ won't go any higher than 2925 no matter what. Oh well it was worth a shot. I was expecting better results with the temps I was getting from a lidless AMD single core. -30 @ load.

I can see you would be looking for a bit more than that at that temp. What vcore was that at?

I guess your Mach2 is charged with R404. May want to consider a regas with R507 at some point. My mach has had a couple of mods, still the factory evap and no desuperheater (yet) and will carry -15 on a C2D @ 1.62v loaded.

R402a in fact. I am going to have it re-done when i move to Quad core. Bigger condensor and a regas. I hav'nt run mine on C2D yet, but at 1.6v i think i could expect somewhere around -18 loaded with it as it is, maybe a bit lower if it was a cool running stepping. I have noticed that some run cooler than others even at the same vcore and it looks like stepping is the determining factor.

Vcore was at 1.54, it didn't respond to anything higher. It does look my 148 that I used for the 3169 run is up for sale so I am going to grab that back and make a run at the top spot.

There are cooler steppings, don't know which ones they are though. I rarely do any research on steppings, I just grab one and beat up on it until I get bored and then sell it.

I rarely do any research on steppings, I just grab one and beat up on it until I get bored and then sell it.

:D Sounds fine to me (makes a note not to buy cpu's from CPDMF) :nod:

:D Sounds fine to me (makes a note not to buy cpu's from CPDMF) :nod:
HA. That's funny. Only grab the ones the made it into the 3G club. The others end up being upgrades for my nephews.

Vcore was at 1.54, it didn't respond to anything higher..
surprised you made it that far. out of 8 e6s here they all do 29+ after 1696 that's 172 to you and all prime at 2950 on air my new 3700 will be posted soon as i get the paper work done at 3030at a surprising 1.58

Guest MadDias
my new 3700 will be posted soon as i get the paper work done at 3030at a surprising 1.58

1.58V for 3030 is indeed surprisingly high for a sandiego core.

1.58V for 3030 is indeed surprisingly high for a sandiego core.
Its my first CPU that ant a E6. was alot of fun getting there with low vcore as all my E6s take at least 1.75 to hit 29xx.

Almost ready for a run with my old 148 CABYE. Dr Bowtie being the gentleman that he is shipped it out in a hurry. If only Silverstone was that fast getting my power supply RMA'd I'd be in good shape. Maybe it will show up today so I can get my Mach tuned for this setup and get started on what will more than likely be my last Socket 939 entry.

mach.jpg