The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no reason Orthos/SP2004 saying FAILED no matter HOW LONG you ran it should be good enough for YOU. ;) Don't be cheap, pass it like everyone else (well almost everyone :: does the shame on you thing at Kitfit:: lol)

No, no shame on me at all Charmed. First off, it was a Toaster submition, NOT an OCDB entry. Second, Toasters were awarded, so whoever did the awarding knew full well all the facts involved(including the 3 or 4 months it took me to get there). Third, if didn't meet the criteria at the time, it would have been rejected. Fourth, other posts i made at the time show the same rig with 24hr clear Prime runs. And lastly, no OCDB entry that i've made(all 2 of them)has a Prime or Orthos fail in them.

Guest Timmay

202 pages, my god.

I will be picking up an Opty 165 that does 2.8GHz on 1.48v so it maybe a contender, watch this space.

No, no shame on me at all Charmed. First off, it was a Toaster submition, NOT an OCDB entry. Second, Toasters were awarded, so whoever did the awarding knew full well all the facts involved(including the 3 or 4 months it took me to get there). Third, if didn't meet the criteria at the time, it would have been rejected. Fourth, other posts i made at the time show the same rig with 24hr clear Prime runs. And lastly, no OCDB entry that i've made(all 2 of them)has a Prime or Orthos fail in them.

Good thing you cleared that up kitfit, I thought I was going to have to start an investigation:)

Guest tytlyf

These times are the best I've been able to pull with my Old Opty 148 on Air. CABYE 0542 FPMW

These pics are over a year old. I have a 170 now.

1M

sp21ay.th.jpgbench0055kb.th.jpg

32M

32m31004wc.th.jpgbench0073lu.th.jpg

Question for you all because I don't want to start a thread over something this small...

How do you run chkdsk/scandisk on boot as in when Windows starts?

Very important, someone has a hard drive that's going down and he wants to help delay it by fixing the problem so he can get files off.

Question for you all because I don't want to start a thread over something this small...

How do you run chkdsk/scandisk on boot as in when Windows starts?

Very important, someone has a hard drive that's going down and he wants to help delay it by fixing the problem so he can get files off.

No problem. He doesn't even need the command promt to do this.

Left click on the drive in question / choose "properties" / choose the tab "tools" / the first option is "chkdsk" but in GUI mode / press "start" which will open a new small window / check both boxes for fixing errors and recovery of bad sectors / windows will if it's a boot partition inform that it's not possible or something but that it could be done at next boot / select "yes" and reboot