The AMD 3GHz Club

3-4-3-8-11-14-2-2-2-3-Auto-D-E Auto-0-L8-L1-9-Fast-6-64 or 128-16-7-4

Tried that i assume?

2-3-1-4 is supposedly better for higher dividers like 150, but I could try that. And yeah I've tried the 64 and 128. I guess I'll try loosening the RAM further, but the + point is, got my 1T stable ;)

Cleared 42K in 3DMark01 with it too ;) Love this ram already LOL

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current settings for 2.92 (I'd like to do 2.93 but it fails at either 2 or 5-6 hours, most likely because of voltage, but I've bumped the volts and it fails FASTER?!?):

Genie BIOS Settings:

FSB Bus Frequency............................. - 325

LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio....................... - 2.0

CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio....................... - 9.0

PCI eXpress Frequency......................... - 105Mhz

CPU VID StartUp Value......................... - Auto

CPU VID Control............................... - 1.550V

CPU VID Special Control....................... - + 102.4%

LDT Voltage Control........................... - 1.40v

Chip Set Voltage Control...................... - 1.62v

DRAM Voltage Control.......................... - 2.80v

DRAM Configuration Settings:

DRAM Frequency Set............................ - 150=RAM/FSB:03/04

Command Per Clock (CPC)....................... - Enabled

CAS Latency Control (Tcl)..................... - 3

RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd)..................... - 3

Min RAS# active time (Tras)................... - 6

Row precharge time (Trp)...................... - 2

Row Cycle time (Trc).......................... - 7 Bus Clocks

Row refresh cyc time (Trfc)................... - 13 Bus Clocks

Row to Row delay (Trrd)....................... - 02 Bus Clocks

Write recovery time (Twr)..................... - 02 Bus Clocks

Write to Read delay (Twtr).................... - 01 Bus Clocks

Read to Write delay (Trwt).................... - 02 Bus Clocks

Refresh Period (Tref)......................... - 3120 Cycles

DRAM Bank Interleave.......................... - Enabled

DQS Skew Control.............................. - Auto

DQS Skew Value................................ - 0

DRAM Drive Strength........................... - Level 7

DRAM Data Drive Strength...................... - Level 1 (50% reduced)

Max Async Latency............................. - 9.0

DRAM Response Time............................ - Normal

Read Preamble Time............................ - 5.5

IdleCycle Limit............................... - 16 Cycles

Dynamic Counter............................... - Disable

R/W Queue Bypass.............................. - 16 x

Bypass Max.................................... - 04 x

32 Byte Granularity........................... - Disable(4 Bursts)

I'd like to try lowering the DRAM volts to get it to where I'm giving it as little voltage as possible to still maintain 1T being stable, cuz it's made a big enough difference in all the right areas that I really wanna keep it, at least until I try for 3G again.

3-4-3-8-11-14-2-2-2-3-Auto-D-E Auto-0-L8-L1-9-Fast-6-64 or 128-16-7-4

Tried that i assume?

Just noticed something. You have TREF on Auto in your suggestions. Last time I tried that (was with a different setup, granted), it wouldn't even boot in to windows.

I'll give it a shot though, see if it decreases or increases time before failure.

Honestly Charmed, this is the part of OCing these chips you don't seem to grasp, it's simple. We don't know. It could be anyone, all or combination of them that's causing the problem. Some are more likely than others but when it comes down to it, it's simple feel combined with trial and error. It took me a few months of methodical work to get my 165 stable at 3Gs. That should give you an idea what kinda operation you'll be committing yourself to, to get your 3Gs.

I'm not expecting you to be a CPDMF or any other great clocker that can just 'know' what to do based upon experienced-honed instincts on what your mem controller needs to go another 30 MHz. I'm finally to that point where I'm beginning to 'feel' what the board needs. I'm still not good at it, but one day you realize after sitting down, tuning up a board, fiddling with settings and suddenly coming up with exactly what you needed to take the next step in only a couple tries instead of 20 that you've learned something and are 'feeling it out'.(How's that for a run-on)

I'm on this X/G now and I'm back to square one like you and I've been putting in the time and talking with the right people and have come up with some great clocks. It takes experience. It's not going to fall in your lap like it SEEMS like you're waiting for now. You're never gonna get a "Charmed use these specific timings and you'll pass prime" post. What'll happen is that you'll work super hard on it and make progress in bits and pieces until you're deadended and suddenly a piece of unrelated info given to you weeks prior will inspire ONE change and you'll breakthrough.

That happened to me. Weeks prior I had been going back and forth with CPDMF about how these NF4s are with RAM and he mentioned that BH-5 will run at tref 4710 all day. I didn't even think about it until WEEKS later and I changed the tref to 4710 and BAM 3.0GHz Club was gravy.

I want you to read this post every time you post about your chip and ask yourself whether you're looking for the magic settings or are you looking for nudges in the right direction? If it's the latter go ahead and post. If it's the former, don't bother. It'll never happen. Read, pay attention to what's being said in general about secondary settings and you might just have an epiphany too.

Good luck.

Had an epiphany to go ahead and try 2.94 with bumped up secondaries and some extra vcore (1.6 instead of 1.58), gonna leave it priming overnight, it passed 03 and 05 and AM3 and saw gains in all three, so I'm hopin' it'll pass, if not, depending on when it fails, I'll attack it from there.

I at least want this Opty running at 2.94 like my FX-60 was with my former 2GB kit, then at least I'll know I did the right thing sellin' the 60 for sure.

I tell you what, if it wasn't so much money, I'd go FX-74 in a heartbeat, I don't care if it is and will be a dead socket setup as far as evolution is concerned. I'd love to have somethin' that ran 3GHz stock and I never had to worry about it doin' so LOL

Yea..Yea...Yea then they would just be groaping you for 3.8ghz:nod:

I'd love to have somethin' that ran 3GHz stock and I never had to worry about it doin' so

From a user perspective there is absolutely no difference in performance between 2.9 and 3.0. From your comment above it's obvious you are not pursuing 3.0 because of the challenge or the enjoyment of the quest.

You have wasted the last month or two trying to reach 3.0. You're not attempting it because you enjoy it and the performance difference between 3.0 and your highest stable overclock is non-existent. Why not settle for what you have already obtained and enjoy your system for a change.

Shouldnt, especially under phase, but you never know I cant remember what stepping you have but have you looked into a possible coldbug? If it is 1.8vcore or so is all that might help you.

No, it's not a Coldbug. A day latter and i found what the cause was. For some reason this Ultra-D needs the LDT and the Chipset voltage up higher than my SLI-D did. No lock-ups now. As it turns out i was searching for an answer, that ultimately was irrelivent anyway. It won't Prime at anything more than 3.1ghz.