The AMD 3GHz Club

Charmed....

Do you have Nero6...?

if you do use that...if you dont...get it...

All you do is this....know where the ISO image is saved...then open nero Express....I open nero startsmart and select nero Express on the left...

Once nero Express is open click "saved image" on the middle right...then navigate to the ISO...open and burn it....it is very simple....

Flashing from the cd is nothing to be worried about it...

My very first bios flash went wrong about 5 years ago and ended in smoke and fire from my part....but the cd was/is very stress free pain free....

just make sure before you boot to the cd you clear the cmos....fully... then load optimised defualts...then boot to the cd.. and select the bios of choice and proceed wit the flash...it is very simple..it will flash...then you reboot and on the verifying pool...just turn off the pc and clear the cmos.....

On mine it posted and after it detected the drives I got the "bad checksum" error and I just turned it off and cleared the cmos and rebooted...then loaded optimised defaults and...well I liked it so much I flashed it again...cuz it seemed fun...

did the same thing again.... and it worked very well....I dont like flashing from floppy...it takes to damn long....I consider Tmod god like for this cd...I have it in my tool kit next to my UBCD disk...;)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did it happen? What, no pics? :D

Well...from what I figured... this was a couple months after my first build...about the time the XP2600's cam out...right before the mobile craze when everyone was hot for the 1800-b's...

The NF2's were just comming out in full force so I waited about a couple months and then got word that the Gigabyte 7N400pro was a good stable board with a modded bios...(preacher bios) so after some research and some parts gathering I bought 2 7N400pros and a 2600 mobile cpu....wanting to jump on the bus...At that time I bought 2 fx5700ultra cards as the 5900 wasnt out yet...

now back then it was rumored that if several bios's had been released you should flash every other one to get the most info...I beleive my board had F11 bios and I wanted the F15 bios...Now mind you I never flashed a bios before but...I did alot of research and prepaired myself pretty well...

I made the flash floppy and proceeded to flash the bios... it went well...so I rebooted and went into the bios and started setting the time&date...thats as far as I got... pop and smoke then sparks and flame.... as soon as I heard the pop I went to hit the power button to shut the rig down but by then it was already flaming....After the smoke cleared I tried to reboot the rig... I got a black screen but seemed like the rig booted...I tried a couple times and it didnt go...so I switched the video card to a fx5200 and it booted...so I got into the bios as quick as I could and loaded Optimized defaults...as I forgot to the 1st time...And I think thats what botched the flash...I think it sent way to much power to the video card...?

any way...I went ahead amd loaded the rig with windows...the only problem with the board is....that it wouldnt keep the bios settings in cmos when it was powered off.... it would default back to a cleared state...so evertime I booted the pc I had to reset and save the bios...

I sent the board and card back and told them just what I did....they found something wrong on the card they say caused the problem and not the flash...However I still say the flash killed both...?

That was about 5 years ago and I havent flashed a bios till just last week when I did my SLI-DR with Tmods cd...even then I got nervous but we both survived....thats pretty much it...;)

the other 7N400pro is still going to this day... I never flashed its bios....

Great. CMOS clear didn't fix the problem. Don't know what to do now, these are the same damn settings I've been running 2.92 at all along and suddenly they don't work right anymore. Fantastic. ::sighs loudly and wishes she'd kept her FX-60::

Well apparently AM3 is retarded cuz I just ran 06 and 03 and it was a-okay. So I'm off to play Oblivion some more.

lol, I was just talking to my grandfather (83 year old Italian) and he said something that made me think of CL84

Vai in piazza e chiedi consiglio, vai a casa e fai come ti pare.

:shake:

LOL pretty fitting there

Well gonna see if I can't get a 165 in the club but gotta hope newegg sends me a good stepping. Wish me luck for a good ccbbe to try and break.