The AMD 3GHz Club

No bling here. Big butt heater core, used blocks and an old pump. If I had to buy my W/C stuff new or didn't have stuff laying around I would spend the money on something where I could see the performance an extra 100mhz just doesn't do much overall.

LOL. Timmay. Until someone sticks phase on a CABYE.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good to me, when i got mine i picked 1 up for a buddy and got the exact same stepping. After i get him to spend some money on a real power supply we will see if his can do the same. Even on his no name pos ps he is running at 2800 prime stable but his rails drop way too much to leave it there.

Guest Timmay

@ CPDFM. That's the way I'm doing it here, just not to that extent - the only thing new I will be getting is the tubing and reservoir. Heaps of people have used Phase on CABYE's, that's why I'm saying that we need to give it a shot. I haven't even seen results for CAB1E's under water yet - not that I have looked to hard.

My new 340 watt pelt arrived Friday. I keep saying it's way too hot in this room to do it but I imagine it will be on the CPU by next weekend. I was a little over 3200 when the last pelt decided to take a dive at 17 volts. The new one has been tested to 19 v so I should be in business and able to make a run at 3250.

I want to get in 3GHZ club,i use aircooling,Thermaltake Sonic Tower w. 120mm fan

Complete an OC database entry at 3G and your in. Look in the overclocking database for the templates and rules.

So, I booted to windows last night on a suicide mission...to get to windows at 3.1ghz...Well, I did, but then I couldn't do anything, Just tried running some benches. Froze in the middle of the CPU test on 3DMark06...

Maybe try again..But, 1.6v on air...and idle temp is still 29-30C..load 44-45C..w00t...Gotta love having a cold butt a/c unit!!