The AMD 3GHz Club

Oh yeah, you think that's scary? When i first installed my liquid cooling I seated the block wrong, booted in to BIOS and saw 80C as my CPU temp =-O I hit the shut down button on the PSU so fast it made the computer's head spin. Had the liquid on a totally separate PSU so I left it running for 10 minutes before I redid the block and positioned it right... apparently there was no collateral damage though, no burns on the chip, and it's running flawlessly.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't removed before I ordered it ;) Mowahahaha. I was the last person to order it I think, it was outta stock around 5 minutes after I had finished placing my order ;)

And for that price I probably coulda bought ram that could OC that much and still have 4 gigs worth BUT as I said, I don't want to OC it, I want it to run stock and be happy, I just want the extra RAM bandwidth while still having 4GBs available for when I make the leap to Vista in a few months/a year.

Main point is I want everything in my computer to be as top of the line as possible that way HOPEFULLY when the 9800GTX hits I can at least push it really hard to pump out some awesome scores and gaming performance (on Crysis, World in Conflict, MOH:Airborne, FEAR, Oblivion, etc).

'sides, that bumps my computer's net worth well over 5K LMAO

And apparently on top of the fact that they're the highest speed 2GB sticks we're probably ever gonna see for DDR2, apparently Mushkin isn't planning to make them much longer. Hence why they're only listed on Newegg at all while they're in stock. That's the second time they've removed them 12 hours after going back outta stock ;) the first time was when I first built my computer and made the mistake of not ordering them to begin with when they were only 609.99 instead of 699.99.

I bite my nails off too often to do them, nervous habit ;)

And: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820146687 ~ single stick version of the dual stick kit I'm talkin' about / that I ordered.

Newegg did confirm I will be receiving it Tuesday though so :-D Yeah. Gonna be sweet if I can get'em to run almost stock with 2.2Vs right off the bat. Then it'll be gaming city.