The AMD 3GHz Club

I cant boot windows at 3 gig at 167vcore

Im fighting a lan port problem big time. every post i got to swap ports to get back.

the ports are locking on me.

just does it here at diy.

but it dont do it on any of my other pcs

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest navinjohnson

crazy, you aren't using any of the nvidia forceware are you... especially their firewall... that stuff will eff up your system nice and good.

I had that problem with my Expert and everyone told me my lans were dying LOL so you may wanna invest in a cheap Rosewill 10/100/1000MBPS Lan Card and have peace of mind (that's what I did)

Did it fix your problem?

@wil, reflash your bios. It sounds like you have corrupted it just enough to mess up your lan.

Ok All try that

UPDATE: the woman's been using a cleaning program called CCleaner for a couple days now. Trying to keep me from just doing a new install on her PC :D Shes got it running good now. So she installed it on my PC and checked some stuff she did. on my PC OK cant hurt nothing lol. So this morning i got to looking at the program and its got some grate stuff in it. Any how i got to looking at installed drivers and programs. And ran across a bunch of ATI .. Hmm i ant got no ati . so i uninstalled all the ati stuff and all the . in the uninstall folders ( the . that stays behind ) and i ant had one problem with my LAN card all days . I'm so happy :D also you know all that . that in (MSCONFIG) start up thats there over and over and over and ya just got to check it off or on well it takes all that . out too :D

Glad you got it sorted out wil. Let me know what site you play BF2 on and if my ping is good enough I'll come play.

Since I stopped playing around the bios, found an OC that I can undervolt and still use C1E I am able to run every fan in my rig at the lowest setting of my fan controller. I have found that I actually enjoy having a completely silent rig more than having a bunch of unused power. Of course a C2D @ 3.4Ghz is no slouch.

The P35 based Abit is actually turning out to be the best clock for clock performance board I have owned. It does lack a little on the max FSB but Abit has only released one bios and it only contains a minor fix. For $149 it's better than the 975 and 680i boards I have owned. Still looking forward to X38 based boards though. Ordered a GO stepping Quad today, overkill by a bunch for my uses but having a quad and 4gigs of RAM will allow me to replace every other rig in my house and still maintain silence.

It appears that this site don't like you to just hang out any more as its been my most problem. went and eat after it working for a good 10 hours. left BF2 running and logged into here and when i got back the LAN was locked again . But thats better then having to switch ports every post

Yep, 'specially if you go liquid, you'll have a silent system in no time...

I forgot to turn on my HVB this morning while using my computer and I actually didn't notice how quiet it is until I realized the fan wasn't on... temps were still very low too, was neat. I'm probably going to replace it with a few Thermaltake 120mm fans and go for silence as well (since my system is liquid cooled and it ain't running TOO hot, 63C core load at this high of voltage ain't hot at all, actual CPU temp never got above low 50s)