The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing with the pi's lately. I can pass at more mhz's but they are not as fast as they were. My 32's are in the 23min range. Funny though I pulled a 32m @3267/2.5-3-3-7 didn't break into the 22's so I didn't play any more attention. I gotta' 1 megger @25.703@3300 but past that she didn't want to fly. Ok I went back and checked I'm currently just a little tiny bit faster.

I'm S-Ping right now @3201 1.63vid looks iffy. It might not need that much but it crashed earlier. That may have been my ltd though. I think I fixed it but I'm not sure. Figured I'd best get that outta' the way. Now if I can. But who am I kidding. If I can do better I will. Processor is doomed! LOL

k whos running BH-5? and What OCZ sticks use BH-5? Im trading my TccD for BH-5

I don't think anyone uses BH5 on NF4's anymore. But you will find a list of IC's here. One thing to be aware of when using BH5 in an NF4 though, is that the high vdimm needed can kill the mem controller on your cpu. If you plan to run it long term then OCZ's ram booster would be a safer way of running them. As it happens Angry Games has got one up for sale at the moment.

@will I'm not sure anymore. Those are high voltage sticks. You'll probably need to run your mems off the 5v rail. Be sure to back up your mem controller by giving you processor extra voltage. (If your processor does 3g @1.4 give it like 1.47-1.5) Still like Kit said that's iffy.

@Kit failed@ 3201 I'm trying again. Using prime this time.

Edit: Failed 10k upping the vid now.

@Kit failed@ 3201 I'm trying again. Using prime this time.

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!don't tell me i've got to start clocking again. Just when i thought it was safe to have a break :)

@will I'm not sure anymore. Those are high voltage sticks. You'll probably need to run your mems off the 5v rail. Be sure to back up your mem controller by giving you processor extra voltage. (If your processor does 3g @1.4 give it like 1.47-1.5) Still like Kit said that's iffy.:)
lol yeah the vcore at no problem in this house everything but the 3700 is getting 1.65 + the 3700 by my surprise made 3 gig on 158 haven't tried anything lower yet. But its about time i spent some hard hours seeing what this new 2 gig sticks will do so all probably try and drop the vcore too. After i get Kitfit1 taken care of and king of nothing is being helpful with working with me on your old sigs. as to what program he used and what not.

I'm trying again @3201 this time 1.638vid If it fails tis time i think I'll give er' 1.65 and walk off for the day. If it fails then I'll put it up for awhile. And go back to lower volts shooting at 307X10. At least for awhile.

Edit: passed the 1024k and the 8k fft's It fialed last time it the 10k ffts.

Edit2: Failed again 10k ffts

1.5*110 closing my eyes and walking off now.

Edit4:Turned back around for a min and it had failed. Even faster this time.(Too many volts?) I'm back @305 for now. Humm could still be a timing. I'll start shootin@307 or toward 3200 again soon. Maybe not today though. I need to get some stuff done. Then I kinda' want to do some gaming.

Edit5: Guess I'd better prime for awhile @305 be sure I didn't put a spur or whisker in the processor with the volts. (I didn't like the way that failed). Probably not but I guess I'd better test some.

Edit6: i suppose it's possible my processor won't scale to 1.65 maybe not even past 1.63. Humm... i think I'll figure it out though.. We'll see I guess.... But I've gathered no coldbugg til' -29c. Maybe more cold will help it along..... (I might have to wait til' winter.LOL)

edit7: It kinda' looks like timings now. My timings for 300+ don't like 291 or less.So back to the drawing board.

LOL I have timings for 280-290 somewhere around here I guess I'll have to find them again. I put them inna' safe place.(OCDB) In case I forgot what they were.Oh well that's it for awhile anyway.

lol yeah the vcore at no problem in this house everything but the 3700 is getting 1.65 + the 3700 by my surprise made 3 gig on 158 haven't tried anything lower yet. But its about time i spent some hard hours seeing what this new 2 gig sticks will do so all probably try and drop the vcore too. After i get Kitfit1 taken care of and king of nothing is being helpful with working with me on your old sigs. as to what program he used and what not.

I don't mind helping with sigs either, I use a slew of programs, faves being gimp and PSP9... Also gifworks.com for quick animated gif editing, and free image indepth when I need to get down to the nitty gritty... give me something to work on if you need to :-)

Edit5: Guess I'd better prime for awhile @305 be sure I didn't put a spur or whisker in the processor with the volts. (I didn't like the way that failed). Probably not but I guess I'd better test some.

Looks like I mighta' EM'd this 1 abit yesterday with my bad timings and too many volts.. Before I tried jumping way up there it passed sp 5times on seperate occassions and an extended prime.(Full loops) Now it has failed sp 3 times at settings I know were good. Gonna' prime again see what the verdict is. I mighta' hosed up sp though. I guess I'll start cuttin' the lid offa' the other core. Maybe I'll order up a dual core.(Allways nice to have a spare.) I knew it was doomed. But I didn't think it would happen this fast. Not at 1.65vid anyway. Oh well... LOL I guess we'll see.

@Clay, boot to bios, Advanced Chipset Features, ACPI SRAT set to disabled and reboot to bios. Set up the bios again manualy, not from cmos saves. You might be pleasently surprised :)