Should Dfi-street Have A 3ghz Club???

Johnkam

82 members have voted

1. 1.

• YES
    • no
    • Dont Care

Couldn't care less. Honestly, 3 gigs is a nice number (and you need it to keep up with an SLI setup), but it's too easy to hit with the usual suspect Opties, FX, and the 3700 Sandy is good too. I have a 146 that's 32m super pi stable at 3 GHZ, and 20+ hours prime stable. My '55 can do the same thing. Maybe I got lucky with my steppings, I don't know. I just know that the only thing that matters to me is enough stability to play my games at eye candy settings as long as I want.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just broken the 3ghz barrier last night as a matter of fact. 334x9 on my opty @ 1.488Vcore...

And, I can guranteed you it will be in the OCDB here sometime, whenever I can let it prime for 8 hrs straight...Stopped it just shy of 5 today to try and up the FSB Some more..

And yes, Happy, I agree with Stability..Even though right now I only really need the speed for the Wars...I'm probably going to just find a stable speed, like 334x9, and run my benchies on there. I don't want to risk damage when I've already gone 1.2ghz higher than stock!

3GHz stable you say you have, come and prove it :D

Get that OCDB entry up and running and show those goodies!

You'll be seeing them soon. Work is pretty hectic right now - but very soon. Both chips.

So we buy boards that will overclock till our testicals glow in the dark and say that nobody elses boards compare to DFI but it's not cool to show what they can do. Some of us aren't happy with a minor overclock.

So we buy boards that will overclock till our testicals glow in the dark and say that nobody elses boards compare to DFI but it's not cool to show what they can do. Some of us aren't happy with a minor overclock.

some of us don't really need to have mega-supa-blasta-overclocks though

some do

that's just how it goes

but if you aren't stable, then 5Ghz and 9s super-pi times are useless and defeats the purpose of overclocking

what good is an overclock if it is only good to show suicide screenshots?

I like my DFI boards

I overclock until my testicles glow in the dark

maybe my testicles start to glow in the dark @ 2600Mhz, and maybe yours don't start getting that warm, sickly green glow until 2900Mhz

I'm quite sure everyone's testicles are quite different

no one ever told YOU it wasn't cool to show what your DFI board can do

the only thing we've ever told you is that unless you are stable, your glowing testicles are worthless...but no one ever said "don't show us stable, glowing testicles" and no one ever said "hey Cliff, you suck if you show us how fast your stable overclocked testicles can achieve that sickly green irradiated glow".

They only said "so you bought a DFI board to make your testicles glow in teh dark but if your testicles aren't stable, don't bother showing us because we are not impressed"