Should Dfi-street Have A 3ghz Club???

Johnkam

82 members have voted

1. 1.

• YES
    • no
    • Dont Care

Hi guys, me along with lots of other people think that this website should have a 3ghz club, we would have something extra on out avartat or have a little logo beside our sig or both... what do u guys think???

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3dmark isn't going to happen, at least not officially supported. We'd have a flood of questions from people trying to get the 'max' 3dmark score - which generally isn't a stable setting as we strive for here. A 3 GHz club in itself is fine as long as everything is stable (in my opinion the flowerking has set decent enough guidelines).

Guest caffeinejunkie

im with techno

it would be great

I mean alot of the chips will hit 3ghz but you do need to know what your doing to a point

any 'club' here at the street would have to adhere to our normal stability rules (Overclocking Database / Stock Speed Database)

the graphics/logo contest stuck to the top of the Off Topic section is a search for someone who can create avatars, the 'new toaster' sig, etc

• 2 weeks later...

the problem that most people have is they don't like that I tell them "IT IS NOT A PENIS MEASURING CONTEST"

they hate this

they hate this because it means they can't show a suicide screenshot of 35,000 3dmark2005 that would never run stable any real program

when you start preaching stability over everything else, you turn a lot of people who have come in from places like XS off.

Personally, I am glad they dont like it.

We've done our best to preach stability over everything and now you guys are starting to preach it too.

It only takes some jerk who rolls through with a 3.2Ghz 3200+ venice that can finish a 1MB super pi run to ruin 1000 posts of ours promoting that 3.2Ghz might run a 1MB superpi but it aint stable and the 100% stable speed might only be 2800Mhz.

stability stability stability

what good is 3250Mhz when you can't play FEAR for more than 18 seconds before it crashes your rig?

me....I'd rather play FEAR @ 2600Mhz for 8 hour stretches