Expert prone to crashes with 3dMark...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

try uninstalling your video drivers, especially if your using coolbits. Ive got a couple SLI systems I have built for friends and the expert board is nothing short of a pain in the butt. But you can look at it this way... At least your able to play games..

By undervolting, do you mean you actually measured with a DMM? If not, don't say that...because in fact, i've seen an overvolting by 0.05-0.1v.

Take out a set of memory, and go from there. Also - just because you run stock settings, that doesn't mean it's going to be stable. Everything about the DFI LanParty requires tweaking. If you want to run stock, check the stock speed setting database for configurations close to yours.

Guest Retratserif

I wish I could help you man. I to am having issues with my Expert and 3700+.

I was pulling my hair out over the same thing. Primed for 13 hours, ran 3dmark01 and 05 just fine, but would lock in 03. Since I had just gone to 1:1 memory overclocking, I tried everything there (reduced FSB, increased memory volts, increased CPU volts, increased chipset volts), but nothing worked. Finally, I reduced the _G_PU clocks and it worked! Then, I put them back up to speed, pulled the side off my case, put a 120mm fan on the GPU(s) and it 3dmark03'd just fine! (A pair of water blocks for them should be getting here tomorrow :)).

heh

I have had nothing but problems with 6600GT SLI on the Expert board all the sudden *sigh*

I do dig Cyberparasite's sig where it looks like I contradict myself ;)

here's the truth

the MAJORITY of users don't have a problem with teh Expert board

choose to believe it or not, doesn't really matter to me

I personally don't like the Expert board at all (even using it as my main rig, I can't wait to replace it with the CFX3200-DR)

It has too many little quirks that I just don't like

now

a couple of you will read this as "omg this board sux and has nothing but problems!!!"

but the truth for those of you with any common sense is that i personally don't like the board, and quirks are NOT problems...they are just annoyances that I can't stand...but they don't cause me any problems

however, my main rig is NOT running SLI

and the Expert that I am having SLI problems on...as soon as I went to a single 7800GT...all the games 3d apps ran just fine.

jump back to SLI and everything but 3d apps and games work fine

go figure right?

this is the exact reason why I like the old boards with jumpers better

if you jumper something (ie 16x 2x or 8x 8x) then there's no way that he bios or the board can screw it up

however...with an automatic switch like the Expert has...setting it to 8x 8x from 16x 2x means...that the switch might not switch correctly...or at all...or possibly some other thing has happened who knows how Oskar does things these days =/

what is odd is that I don't see these problems with the Venus board (I personally didn't get a Venus board so I can't help anyone with any problems they might have with one).

And

of course...the original NF4 boards with jumpers didn't have this problem at all....the only problems in SLI it had was either early SLI tech (as the boards came out when SLI was still a pile of steaming crap...but now that SLI has matured nicely...the boards are showing their strengths), or users forgetting to switch all the jumpers or forgetting the bridge or some other user-related problem.

but look around...how many SLI problems do you see on the old jumper SLI boards?

ya

pretty much zero

this doesn't mean that the Expert can't run SLI

if that was the case, this forum and tech support would be flooded with angry users

however, the fact that this thread and a few others still exist tell me that whatever the problem with the Expert running SLI there is for those users experiencing problems...it still isn't fixed =/

and now it seems one of my own Expert boards is finally showing me this problem

again...go figure

now if I could just make it cold boot, I'd really be getting somewhere right?

Do you have Cool n quiet enabled? Disable it.

Disable cpu thermal throttling.

Use the 11/17/ bios for SLI trust me. I've tried every bios there is for this board. Its the best one i've tried for SLI. This and the 11/02 are the only stable SLI bios. But the 11/02 dosnt recognize the FX60.

Going Phase change next week. Should bring a ton of problems. I cant wait.