Unix Vs. Winblows

Propane

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

you say that windows is better than unix because the only people who like unix are n00bie computer people who cant handle unix? well i know tons of people who have a variety of jobs in both hardware and software engineering who like windows for both their play computers AND their servers over any unix setups theyve used, and after going through many of them, along with linux, i can still say that windows is not only more powerful, but it is also much more compatable with everything else. most of the 'flaws' of windows are actually pure speculation which dont exist except on the basis of user error. even past my, and others, experiance, it just makes sense. windows was made by a more experianced, richer, and with more workforce company than probably all the other developement teams combined. they know how to make an OS well, and if youll be honest with yourself and take a long look at what they have to offer youd see why many people dont even consider linux or unix

just cause you know a few ppl who work w/ computers who use windows doesn't mean a thing... if you think about it, a lot of ppl who work w/ computers all the time don't feel like spending more time in their personal life using them than they have to... my brother

is like this but he works w/ linux on servers at work all the time...

he used 2 spend hours and hours on comps all the time back

in the day and now he'll hardly talk to me about anything related to comps... point being ppl who work w/ comps all the time who don't have time to spend hours and hours of their own time on comps tend to use windows cause they're lazy plain and simple...

and what's w/ that thing kevin quoted that you said??? makes no sense at all...

also mac isnt more user friendly than windows... the mac os is confining...

Edited by VolcomPimp

Windows is not easier to use if ur a newbie ive been to new a new place every year for the last several years and ppl who dont use comps tend to go to macs (urgghhhh) A reason for windows is not because ppl are lazy it is because what other choice do u have nowadays? Linux takes more to get into and mac is easier but you still dont have as much software as say windows. Take the file swapping craze there are a dozen different p2p networks better then kazaa but because kazaa has more content ppl stick to it.