Unix Vs. Winblows

Propane

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a full working version of windows ME!!!!! it even has the color scheme from ME

of course I've seen some buggy stuff in later versions too that were thankfully dropped after problems in the beta days.

at any rate that is a funny one!

Edited by bigred

first time I got my beta cd for windows ME I sent it back thinking it was defective. turns out over half the beta testers did the exact same thing! I loved how they released it, canned 98se, then after 37 service packs in 9 months brought 98se out of retirement, stopped producing ME and asked vendors to stop selling it.

I have to find the alternate box cover someone did for it. ME: living with the blue screen of death

you'd have thought it was a screensaver or the back ground for the amount of time it was diplayed

it wasn't rushed, it never should have been! jeez 2k was doing a great job, even from it's early beta days it was showing signs of being MS's finest work. then they HAD to push the 9x kernel further than they should have. took all the good stuff from 98se an 2kpro... threw that out the window, and made windows ME.

I still can't get over the original design team of VMS later did NT3.51 and NT4.  such a contrast over the old days of VMS (speaking of which it got a gui a few years ago!  it actually looks like something semi usable.  thought it isn't).  and if you think HP unix is bad, take a look at one of it's offshoots Dynix...  that word alone makes me cringe...  something about a pentagram on the cd's for that system stands out.

Many years have passed since I did any serious programming, Cobol & turbo pascal well, just don't get used anymore..... (I'm showing my age aren't I?)

Computers & related gear, is just a hobby now I work in the Health industry, funny how things work out isn't it?

first time I got my beta cd for windows ME I sent it back thinking it was defective. turns out over half the beta testers did the exact same thing! I loved how they released it, canned 98se, then after 37 service packs in 9 months brought 98se out of retirement, stopped producing ME and asked vendors to stop selling it.

Windows 98 SE..... :wub::lol:

hey, I took pascal, course I used to piss of the teacher by turning in all my work in VB or use a bunch of "max int" calls, which never worked cuz the 286's had a different definition of max int than a PII did :) it's a wonder he passed me just to keep me from taking the class over my senior year

hey, I took pascal, course I used to piss of the teacher by turning in all my work in VB or use a bunch of "max int" calls, which never worked cuz the 286's had a different definition of max int than a PII did :)