Half-life 2 Delayed Again

GolDfiNger

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also stopped caring about Doom 3 a long time ago... I think it was actually suppose to come out last february originally wasn't it? Its too bad I don't have any "connections" to the people at Valve, that way I could get whats done of Half-Life 2 right now... :)

Of course you guys don't care about it. But THEY DO.

If you were a programmer. Wrote this awesome piece of software and found out a keylogger was installed on that computer. BAM!

The guy gets the passwords and usernames. He gets on to the server with source code and downloads it. Now this guy could cheat or sell it himself. He could do ANYTHING with it.

Would you release software with a person out there that has access to anything in that source? Meaning, he could cheat online, cheat offline (not too big of a deal). Cheat anywhere. Would you release software then? GOD I HOPE NOT! I sure wouldn't.

That's why it's delayed.

Of course you guys don't care about it.  But THEY DO.

If you were a programmer.  Wrote this awesome piece of software and found out a keylogger was installed on that computer.  BAM!

The guy gets the passwords and usernames.  He gets on to the server with source code and downloads it.  Now this guy could cheat or sell it himself.  He could do ANYTHING with it.

Would you release software with a person out there that has access to anything in that source?  Meaning, he could cheat online, cheat offline (not too big of a deal).  Cheat anywhere.  Would you release software then?  GOD I HOPE NOT!  I sure wouldn't.

That's why it's delayed.

Dude chill out. We're not saying we dont care about the code being stolen, if you look at the title of the thread it says "Half-life 2 Delayed Again". Not "HL2 Source code stolen". If you wanna piss about it being stolen, do it in that thread. This one is for people who have comments about it being delayed again. :bah:

I dont mean to be an ., but i dont like being preached too.

Edited by andrusk

i don't hold my breath for program release dates anymore...too much waiting.

i'm not sure what the big deal with the source code is. it doesn't include any resources (models, textures, etc.) so you aren't gona see unauthorized releases of the game. unless someone comes up with their own stuff. same goes for cheats, which are inevitable anyway, not like valve has the best track record for stopping such things. if anyone remembers back to cs 1.3 cheating almost killed the game and up to that point their postion was..."whatever".

the blame for the stolen code lies with them and no doubt "heads have rolled". they need to stop talking about it and just finish the game up.

Andrusk I know how you get :lol: but if you look at the whole title it says "Half-life 2 Delayed Again due to source code leak" and then he has a link about the story so of course I am going to talk about the leak.

HL2 Delayed

Sounds like it was "stolen" stolen. For some reason when i heard stolen i thought, downloaded, or pyrited.

Sounds like it was "stolen" stolen. For some reason when i heard stolen i thought, downloaded, or pyrited.

Source code. That's why I talked about it.

This game would of been released sooner but the source was stolen.