Evercool VC-RE Chipset Fan Installation Tutorial Video! (2 fast mirror

I got this and found there was some of the yellow sticky crap from the dfi cooler litterally like melded onto my chipset chip..can I safely use a knife to scrape this crap off? I applied as5, but it's not really helping my temps and i credit it to this goop

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got this and found there was some of the yellow sticky crap from the dfi cooler litterally like melded onto my chipset chip..can I safely use a knife to scrape this crap off? I applied as5, but it's not really helping my temps and i credit it to this goop

NEVER use a knife on ANY electrical component!!!!!

get some 100% acetone

you can get it in the beauty section of any drug store....make sure you get 100% pure acetone that has no fillers, colors, additives, etc

soak a paper towel or coffee filter or rag etc in a spot and apply it to the chip with a little pressure....after 30-90 seconds you should have penetrated the stuff enough to easily just wipe it off with the rag or towel

at worst, a plastic credit card/driver's license should be used to scrape...but NEVER anything sharp or that has an edge or is harder than the chip!!!!

read this for more:

http://www.angrygames.com/chipset_clean-1.htm

I've installed the VC-RE and my temps didn't change that much, still IDLing around 30-35c, and not sure about load, i'm sure it's on there pretty damn good though. I probably needed to watch Angry's pron video, but it's so slow. I could go to vegas and back by the time it's done man, what's the deal here? 33.6k? :)

Nail polish remover will be composed of mostly acetone but you have to be careful with it because they often put other things such as fragrances and color that will not come evaporate along with the acetone.

What I wil ldo is use the nail polish and then wipe it clean with some 90% isoporyl I alos just did the dab method with the as5 instead of evenly spreading it, which is another reason why I probably didnt get the results I wanted. My ultra-d to sli mod pins are covered in a greenish blackish thing...How can I easily remove this to perform the sli mod?

My ultra-d to sli mod pins are covered in a greenish blackish thing...How can I easily remove this to perform the sli mod?

there's a giant tutorial thread here full of this information...use the search function within the thread to find what you are looking for (it is epoxy covering those two points you have to connect to make the mod work)