Where do you stand?

Nehil

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's abundant evidence for the need of it. The old one-dimensional categories of 'right' and 'left' , established for the seating arrangement of the French National Assembly of 1789, are overly simplistic for today's complex political landscape.

As if two-dimensional categories aren't overly simplistic. God.

It's a sad reflection on our society that something as basic as drinking water is now a bottled, branded consumer product.

Whoever didn't put strongly agree for this....god I'm in bad mood now. I HATE seeing people in iowa carrying bottled water. We have some of the BEST water available here, yet idiots pay for it instead.

Good parents sometimes have to spank their children.

Thats not really a good statement/quetion, good parents always spank their kids when they misbehave / screw up hardcore.

Marijuana should be legalised.

Should be legal for the government to make it and sell it, defined quality and they'll be making a LOT of money that can go towards other things (maybe even good things). Have to restrict it like alcohol of course (basically keep it at home), but otherwise who cares?

Abstract art that doesn't represent anything shouldn't be considered art at all.

I put agree for this...mostly because I'm thinking of the 'art' that is nothing but a dot in the center of a white canvas. Idiots.

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -5.63

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.10

Yeah...so a lot of those questions really should have had a neutral option, since quite honestly some things I don't care about. And I swear many of these things are highly skewed, as I was a hardcore 'right' on a different quiz thingy.

Whatever, as I said before you can't put everybody into a 2-D image, there are far too many aspects and its stupid to generalize them into groups....or into parties for that matter.

Whatever, as I said before you can't put everybody into a 2-D image, there are far too many aspects and its stupid to generalize them into groups....or into parties for that matter.

Agreed! While I was taking the quiz, I thought there really should be a Z-axis. But this is better than the polarized situation in America now - you're either branded a liberal or a faith-based nazi. Opening this up into multiple dimensions at least gets people thinking.

EDIT

Abstract art that doesn't represent anything shouldn't be considered art at all.

I put agree for this...mostly because I'm thinking of the 'art' that is nothing but a dot in the center of a white canvas. Idiots.

Couldn't let this go without a comment...non-representational art...think about Jackson Pollack. His paintings don't depict anything, but how could they not be defined as art?

But the question's intent was to probe your need for control. (eg do you need to place restrictions on something or can you just let it exist?)

In politics I generally consider myself to be unrepresented.... somewhere between the Republican party and the Libertarian party.

These scores don't seem quite right to me..... but then.... I did have some issues with a few of the questions.

Economic Left/Right: -0.25

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.51

Couldn't let this go without a comment...non-representational art...think about Jackson Pollack. His paintings don't depict anything, but how could they not be defined as art?

But the question's intent was to probe your need for control. (eg do you need to place restrictions on something or can you just let it exist?)

True, I spose I was still a little annoyed with the bottled water. Just because it isn't art to me doesn't mean its isn't to everybody. There is a lot of abstract art that is very intriguing, but its the things like the dot that I feel people just make themselves like because they want to fit into the art "clique".

Guest Neezer

First of all, some of these questions are completely bogus.

The prime function of schooling should be to equip the future generation to find jobs.

The prime function of school is to prepare someone to be a productive member of society. So that they can enjoy themselves and get ahead of the world. This does involve finding a job, but it is much more involved than that. School teaches you not only subjects like math and english and reading, but it also teaches you how to think critically about different situations, and hopefully make more good decisions than bad.

Taxpayers should not be expected to prop up any theatres or museums that cannot survive on a commercial basis.

Taxpayers should support the smithsonian museums.....that is about it. they are an archive of the history of the United States and the world. other than that, if a museum cannot generate enough revenue to sustain itself, obviously the public interest isnt great enough to demand such a pricey establishment. Maybe go with a smaller museum that needs less staffing.

Schools should not make classroom attendance compulsory.

What kind of a stupid question is this. Of course kids "have" to be in the classroom. I dont even know what they are trying to get at.....maybe the liberal that wrote this thinks that a 8 or 9 year old should be able to roam the hallways instead of sitting in a math lesson. That is rediculus. Kids can, and must, learn to sit still at some point in time. ADHD is way overdiagnosed these days, and it is people who agree with this statement who are the enablers of the situation. When I was 6 I couldn't sit still for more than 4 seconds at a time. Luckily I have parents who understand that and didn't put me on Ridalan right away. Now I am 22 and fine. sure i have to take a break every 25 minutes when I am studying, but things can be dealt with.

Those who are able to work, and refuse the opportunity, should not expect society's support.

This is just a silly question. I you disagree with this statement I need to come to your house and just move it. Maybe you will just give me your house since I am renting right now, and it is just too much for me to handle.

In a civilised society, one must always have people above to be obeyed and people below to be commanded.

I dont care how fair people are. there will always be people who do bad things....steal, murder.....etc. when this happens a system is set up by society to punnish those people. The heads of that system are authoritative and must be obeyed in order for the society to function. It isn't a matter of trying to set up a world where everyone is on equal footing. That goes against the human nature to succeed. I would hate it if everyone was equal.

Mothers may have careers, but their first duty is to be homemakers.

Mothers can have careers all they want, but the first duty of both parents is to provide a loving home for their child. If they can do that while both of them owrk 40 hours a week that is fantastic.

Some people are naturally unlucky.

This is obviously meant to tug at our heartstrings for the people who make bad decision after bad decision and blame it on bad luck. I will not argue that some people are born into bad situations, or they get into bad situations uncontrolably, but that does not mean that I owe them anything. This country was built by people who had nothing and worked hard to have a good life. There is nothing wrong with hard work, and I think a lot of people dont understand that.

Now while I was taking this survey, I was thinking about the kind of person that would come up with questions like these. I am considered to be a republican in most terms, a fiscal conservative doesent even begin to describe me, but what this survey has me pegged at is rediculus. Maybe it is a ploy by Hillary to get me to think that I am liberal and vote for her for president.......It won't work

Economic Left/Right: -1.25

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.10