NF4 Expert Crashes...

Hello everybody, I'm a new proud owner of DFI LANPARTY UT NF4 Expert :D but I'm a little dissapointed because, last night I have installed a fresh copy of Winxp SP2 and a few games. When I was testing the mobo with the games it simply crashes, just like that. I hadn't modified anything and this problem occurs after 10-15 minutes of playing.

The mobo, the graphic card and the CPU are brand new.

I have installed the drivers from bundle because my internet conection was down.

Any ideeas?Please...... :sweat:

Thank you very much and excuse my bad english.

change nvidia ide to ms ide (only) nvidia casuse random crashes :angel:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was having problems with quake 4 crashing so i installed all the latest drivers checked everything i could but in the end the problem was that my RAM settings needed to be changed

i would try lowering your timmings on your RAM and then load a game again and see what happens

i think stock atleast for me was 3-4-4-8

just try 4-4-4-8

if that doenst help sorry i am still a noob when it comes to computers

I'm a noob to so if u could tell me where I can change this values......:))

Thanks again....

The power plug you linked to is the 20 + 4 cable. The small 4 pin cable connects alongside the 20 pin cable to form a 24 pin connection, However, you still need the 8 pin connector that connects right behind the 24 pin main power connection. You shouldn't be using the 20 pin cable alone & the 4 pin attached cable in the black 8 pin connection. Since you are running very few devices you might get by w/ the adapter (4 pin to 8 pin), however this could lead to instability issues.

You are also using a Maxtor HDD. There are some issues w/ those. Search the forum for work-arounds.