Evercool VC-RE NF4/CFX3200/RDX200 chipset replacement fan @ SVC.com!!!

Well just got done installing the vc-re and temps @37C about 5-6C less and I also installed a Silverston 110cfm fan on my Big Typhoon 30-31C about 2-4C less. I really doubt its pushing 110cfm. Well I'm gonna play around with case fans for flow control.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its worth it. Big diff in quality and does its job. Priming my system and it doesnt go past 39c for my chipset but the will test will be on a hot day. It's relatively cool in OC, CA with the overcast today.

I ordered my vc-re last week...should be here tomorrow..w00t

Im running a Zalman NB47J on my chipset and never break 41C, though it really does depend on your case airflow. If you have good airflow around the chipset then the zalman works great :nod:

hey guys i did order the Iceberq chipset cooler that everyone wanted me to test out

problem is, I ordered it from SVC on June 1st, and today is the 8th and still not arrived...so I finally checked the tracking # and wtf it's trying to be delivered in Altamonte Springs, FL (suburb of Orlando, i used to live there lol...go figure).

I don't know htf they got that I lived in FL when I've only ever ordered from here in Idaho...so now I got to wait a zillion days for it to be sent back this way... =(

hmm i swapped mine and temps are the same .. high 40s idling :sad:

plus i had to bend some fins by the lower video card cuz it would hit the card ? what is going on ?

you NEVER have to bend anything to get video cards to fit

if you did, you have something odd or incorrect on the chipset installation.

I've installed these or removed the original and replaced them at least 50 times and never once has there been a need, when installed correctly, to do any modification to get video cards to fit or not touch the fan/sink.

High 40s? I say you have to unistall and reinstall making sure you have thermal grease and it in properly. As Happy_games said, you don't need to adjust you vcard. My artic silencer barely grazes the vc-re.

hmm i swapped mine and temps are the same .. high 40s idling :sad:

plus i had to bend some fins by the lower video card cuz it would hit the card ? what is going on ?

the fins would hit the backside of the lower video card when running sli for me .. maybe i installed it wrong

cuz my temps are HORRIBLE .. likee breaking high 50s sometimes at idle ..

how can i get all the sticky crap off my chipset ? like how can i clean it .. i tried iso alchohol but didnt do anything ..

i guess ill buy another one ..

also the cooler doesnt seem to be really tight .. i can push it down a little .. but i could also do that with the dfi cooler ?