Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To anyone who purchased this board from Newegg:

I RMA'd mine and got an e-mail stating they no longer had them in stock (not surprising since they unloaded their supply over Thanksgiving with a half price sale) and that they had no suitable replacement. So they're refunding me the purchase price.

I recommend anyone badly burned to go this route instead of dealing with DFI. I have a month worth of communication with Frank (GM), and Shawn (RMA manager) of absolute worthlessness. This will most likely be my last DFI product not because of the board itself but because of the horrible customer service.

The only positive thing that came about from the whole thing was that DFI told me to keep the Infinity 975x and the busted CFX3200. But I think that's just out of their not wanting to issue a refund. (Though at the moment I'm having issues getting Crossfire to work and haven't heard back from DFI tech support after Frank asked one of them to help me about 4 days ago.)

I emailed DFI on Sunday evening & today will be business day #5 waiting for an answer. They always got back to me the next day on the first two RMAs. I'm average one motherboard a month at the rate these fail.

• 2 weeks later...

So I figured out why my comp started freezing again randomly - and better yet I figured out a fix. Basically if you click Start, Control Panel, System, Hardware tab, then click device manager, Expand the "SCSI and RAID Controller." There should only be Uli SATA/RAID Controller (M1575/M1697). If, like in my case, a second SCSI Controller device was found, and it's labeled SCSI Host Controller you need to use the Beta Raid drivers (6.2.2.1) on that device as well. DO NOT REBOOT THE COMPUTER AFTER YOU'VE LOADED THE BETA DRIVERS ONTO THIS DEVICE. IMPORTANT.

After you've made sure you've loaded the beta raid drivers to both the Uli SATA/RAID Controller (M1575/M1697) and the SCSI Host controller, you need to DISABLE the SCSI Host Controller in device manager - Don't just uninstall it, or else it will come back and you'll need to do the entire process over again. DISABLE THE SCSI Host Controller which should now also be called Uli SATA/RAID Controller (M1575/M1697) after you've loaded the drivers.

NOW IN THE END you should have in your SCSI and Raid controllers expanded view two SATA/RAID Controller (M1575/M1697) devices. The 1st ULI SATA/RAID Controller (M1575/M1697) should be disabled (this was labeled "SCSI Host controller" initially [right?] - i'm saying "right" here because you have to make sure you're disabling the right one. The 2nd "Uli SATA/RAID Controller" is not disabled - This one was your real ULI controller. Now you may reboot and enjoy your flawless machine.

AGAIN I repeat, do not at any time uninstall any of these devices or you may not be able to get back into windows. Also, make sure you're disabling the right "device" which was the "SCSI Host Controller" initially. If you disable the wrong 1, the fix may not work and you may not be able to get back into windows so follow these steps carefully.

I'm assuming that the motherboard has a glitch so windows detects 2 uli controllers. When we all loaded the beta drivers in, we didn't take the fake uli controller into account as well - so what was happening was windows was timing out due to this fact.. Just disable the fake one after you've loaded the beta drivers into it.

Also - Lastly, if you have a HDD Smart option in your bios, set it to enabled. Furthermore, be sure to have 7/28 bios. Any other bios version has the freezes attached to it.

Nick

Well, if they don't answer my last email by Friday, that will be a full month of ignoring my emails. All I'm looking for is a resolution. At this point only a new LANPARTY UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G will do. I'd still have to invest in new memory & a CPU, so it's not like it wouldn't be costing me anything.:(

They don't seem to give a ., I definitely don't give a ., so off to the garbage the garbage (DFI UT CFX3200-DR/G) goes!! Time to start a new build, & this one will be fast because I will be buying a professional product this time.

• 3 weeks later...

Im with Cfx 3200 motherboard and 1950 pro ice3 gpu with cata 7.4 driver and windows vista ... im having the ATIKmdag fail problem and i was wondoring if it culd also be the motherboard firmware ..

1 Gig Mem

LandpartyUt Cfx-3200

Htech Ice3 1950 Pro

AMD 4000+

Window Vista Ultimate

• 2 weeks later...

Its a complete joke how can DFI treat us like this. I have had this problem for 12 months now and yes i have tried everything i still get the infamous hanging, freezing problems. After a while (5/6months of trying) you just give up, and accept this issue can't be sorted (well i did). I did have minor successes i found installing Vista helped, the hanging is not as constant anymore, the freezes are only bad at Windows start up and i occasionally get them when opening programs, or a lot of activity going on etc...But i do find it appalling that a "supposedly" high quality manufacturer such as DFI could give up on this problem and us people who purchased this expensive board with absolutely no solution, i have seen no effort made by them. Why did they even go with a Nvidia Uli on a Ati chipset board?

Anyways rant almost over :mad:

I am building a new rig next week and all i can say is i will never ever buy another DFI product again. Hopefully one day DFI will go bust or something severe happens and if this scenario does pan out, i for one will just laugh.

I am probably going over the top with the last comment but i just feel let down, the board cost me a lot of money, £175 to be exact, and i couldn't afford a new board so i have been stuck with this, until now.

Does anyone else fill them same as me here?

I hear ya & feel your pain. I gave up after DFI refused to comunicate with me about returning a 3rd defective board. The 1st, retail purchase, was not replaceable by Newegg because they had dropped the model over high defect rates. The next 2 were hand picked by DFI. The 1st of those was defective right out of the box. The 2nd failed within days of installation. Then silence when it came to another RMA. I was about to buy an Asus MVP board, but then the X1950's both turned out to be defective. Newegg refunded the purchase price & I went with an Asus/Nvidia board. I just used a pair of Nvidia cards I had on hand. I've always been an Abit user, but I'm impressed by what Asus offers. From now on, it will only be Abit or Asus for me.