Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

I'm using the ULI obviously. Funny thing is...I just dropped in a new Crossfire card to run Crossfire and I'm now getting the freezing and ULI errors. :(

What PCIe slot was the single card in when you had no errors? Did you have the power connector above the PCIe slot connected?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured you were using the ULI TOBF. :) But what config of drives/array?

Very interesting if it is only a problem with a 2nd card in there, maybe it's an IRQ steering issue .... also I'm wondering does everyone with the problem have at lease 1 PCI card installed (possibly a creative sound card?)?

I've not tried pulling mine out (yet) and of course the same cards worked fine on the ASUS.

Update:

I just removed my X-Fi so that the ULI controller had its own IRQ and no change ....

Also, I have the problem under 64-bit windows as well .... with WHQL and beta drivers.

My 64-bit windows is also pretty much virgin, no software installed, just drivers. Again, it worked 100% on the ASUS and freezes on the DFI. :sad:

First errors after 5 days without problem.. but in special condition..

I was trying to Overclock my DDR with some sepcial timings: 277x11 @ 3.0-3-2-5 1T.. SuperPI 32M stable..3D05-06 stable... After this i have decided not test more, but i have forget reset my OC at default timings 3-3-3-8 1T 277x11.. and leave it like this.. after some hours like this i will look on event viewer and see the errors have appears 2 min before...

But i have notice no freez or anything like this.. really i was really surprise cause i was using the PC at the same time and have see nothing...-... now i have reset my OC to normal.,. and the errors have not come back..

Anyway here's my Ask.. if i delete my Raid area and use my 2 SATA II without installed in Raid0.. do you think there's a risk the error appears too without the Raid, Is it happend too if the HDD are not in Raid?...

( i got soon my Mastercard, and really i can use a non raid setup for be sure have no problem..)

I'm trying to install winxp on a raid setup. I press f6 but when i pick the drivers, the same ones that the manual says to pick it gives me the message, "The file m5288.sys could not be found." I found a different m5288.sys file on the net but I still get the same error. Any advice would be appreciated. So if myabe somebody could upload the all of the floppy drivers from their cfx3200dr mobo it would be greatly appreciated.

UT CFX3200-DR mobo.

i replaced them exactly how they were originally on the floppy but it still didn't work, so i just finished using nlite to integrate the drivers into windows but windows says it can't install the file (goes throught all of them) and i try skipping installing that file but it messes up the installation.

If nLite doesnt work your probably doing something wrong. I could not get the betas to work on a floppy but integrating them with nLite solved the problem. Make sure you chose the correct inf file for installation within nLite. Also make sure you use the latest nLite version, www.nliteos.com

ChkDsk