Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

device manager, show what driver is installed under the controller i gues.... the problem with dfi's supposed cause is that i believe alot of us who only have a single drive and therefore not using the uli raid driver, use the default windows driver and we still get errors... i gave up on the uli, but i hope that dfi resolves this crap, along with the piss poor performance of the uli controller. emulated pata!?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: I put my swap file back on (3069MB, manually set) with the App prefetch still off and no lock ups yet.

Scratch that ..... I spoke too soon! With the swap back on I am getting lockups again .....

Regarding poor performance, for me with the DFI board and the RAM running slower than on the ASUS (Sandra reports around 3500MB/sec versus 4500 on the ASUS) the machine feels much more responsive and icons display in folders quicker ..... CPU at same speed.

I did:

F_TESTER

CMOS jumper - clear

Remove battery

Place battery

CMOS jumper - normal

F_TESTER

KILLCMOS

Restore defaults, F10, set RAID, F10, boot.

No errors, yet. After over 1hr stressing.

All this after a clean install with the latest betas, doh. :)

ChkDsk

This is what i just got during cold boot up:

Error The device. DeviceScsim52881, did not respond within the timeout period.

Warning An error was detected on deviceDeviceHarddisk0D during a paging operation.

It froze for 15 seconds on the Windows load Logo. Then started up again and was ok.

And? I'm still very positive. HD Tach / HD Tune / SiSoft are errorfree at the moment! Befory I did the bios "trick" I had plenty of errors again. :)

hdyj1.th.jpg

About the 20th error free HDTune benchmark. CPU usage is high because I'm also browsing the web and stuff.

ChkDsk

If you've only got two HDDs in RAID then put them on the Sil controller, the only time the Sil controller is slow is when you've got three or four disks on it because there's not enough bandwidth for all of them, well that's how I understand it anyway. I've had my Raptors in RAID 0 on the Sil controller for nearly a week now and Quickpar is just as fast as it was when I was using the ULi controller.

Just use the Sil for RAID and ULi for single disks.

HDD benchmarks report a much lower score on the Silicon Image.

Anyhow, after a night of downtime the errors come up again if you stress the HDD after a cold boot. WTF could this be?

Edit

Reset CMOS again and started playing. If I remember correct I set HPET Enabled, blabla fetch to 5x16DW and upped al voltages 1 step and enabled the +10% current.

Again very positive results... But again, PC havent been down for a few hours, yet.

naamlooscz8.th.jpg

ChkDsk