What are your X2 4400 made of?

tasr

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well time for an update. I don’t see a lot of people meeting my challenge.

I’m still running solid at 2.7Ghz 1.350v@113% = 1.50v Vcore (roughly) with temp at 27C Idle and 45C Loaded. I am duel core prime95 stable for over 12 hours

I've gotten higher to 2.8Ghz with 1.55v Vcore, but failed duel prime at 3hr. I backed it down to 2.775Ghz with 1.55v Vcore and failed duel prime at the 10hr mark. My temps got a little warm at 51C at load. I cooling with air and personally I don’t like temps this high.

You’ll need to post your results in the Overclocking Database and according to the rules of DFI-Street. Post your short description here and link to your Overclocking Database post, like this.

Short Description:

246x11 @ 2706Mhz, 1.350v + 113%

2.5-3-8-3 @ 2.8v vdimm

My Overclocking Database post.

Lets see those x2 4400.

• 1 month later...

I don't really feel challanged:)

I’m running solid at 2.7Ghz 1.3v*110% = 1.43v Vcore (roughly) with temp at 28C Idle and 42C Loaded. I ran dual core prime95 stable for over 7x24 hours.

Short Description:

246x11 @ 2706Mhz, 1.3v * 110%

2.5-3-6-2 @ 2.6v vdimm

I'm in the process of making pictures of my bios settings etc. I'll post them in the oc-db as soon as I'm done.

• 1 month later...

Only just joined up, so need to make my entry in the overclocking database, but how about this?

x2_4200_6.jpg

I know it's a 4200+........but well, it starts off at the same clock speed :) .

Verified result here: http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=112117

Currently been running Prime95 for over 24hr's, cooled on air (Zalman 9000) and at 1.39v :rolleyes: .

I guess I'm just lucky, although its taken a lot of effort to get there. Also memory is 1:1 ratio with FSB!

Edit: 39C idle, 42-44C fully loaded.

:)

My 2.9ghz seems to be tops so far. I probably can go up to 3.0 but temps would be a problem( running dual prime I go up to 50c, 38c idle). I have added a 12cm blow hole in the top of my case and that has really helped my PSU. Smart guardian says my PWMIC temps are at 30c and chipset at 41c. I never have tried water cooling and perhaps later on I may tinker with the idea.

My 2.9ghz seems to be tops so far. I probably can go up to 3.0 but temps would be a problem( running dual prime I go up to 50c, 38c idle). I have added a 12cm blow hole in the top of my case and that has really helped my PSU. Smart guardian says my PWMIC temps are at 30c and chipset at 41c. I never have tried water cooling and perhaps later on I may tinker with the idea.

Is that Prime Stable? Im looking into the 4400s and seeing how high some of them can go...2.7 seems the top...Id like to think I wouldnt loose anything going from 2.8 FX-57 to a 4400....

Is that Prime Stable? Im looking into the 4400s and seeing how high some of them can go...2.7 seems the top...Id like to think I wouldnt loose anything going from 2.8 FX-57 to a 4400....

Even if you loose 100 Mhz, you'd get 2.700 back from the second core!? That's what I have to remember myself all the time as well... LoL

Both are 90nm, both have 1MB per core, but I'd think that the 4400+ will generate more heat...

Greetz!