Sign in to follow this  
tasr

What are your X2 4400 made of?

I have the same stepping and week as Ryn does and my chip also doesn't overclock well. It'll do 2.6Ghz on 1.45 vcore, but I can't even get 2.7Ghz stable with 1.56 vcore. It's just a bad batch I think :(

Of course, 2.6Ghz on 1.45 isn't so bad...I'm not too worried about it.

I guess so....and really 2.6 is certainly not bad...I guess just like any processor there are the bad, good, and best steppings....What you got seems to be good...and really I have never seen a 4400 that couldnt do atleast 2.6...so an FX-60 for $230 or so isnt a bad deal...

I guess so....and really 2.6 is certainly not bad...I guess just like any processor there are the bad, good, and best steppings....What you got seems to be good...and really I have never seen a 4400 that couldnt do atleast 2.6...so an FX-60 for $230 or so isnt a bad deal...

Easy for you to say(cough, 2.9, cough, cough)icon10.gif

Ryn, I stand corrected, it's just that the only CCBWE0609DPMW I have seen is the 110w variety, (89w?) Otherwise, I think you *might* be able to hit 2.8.

Otherwise, I have a dilemna...do I return this 110w that does [email protected] for an 89w with an unknown stepping that may not OC at all for the chance to possibly get a CCBIE0610 that will do 2.8+ on 1.4VCORE. What do you guys think, any input would be greatly appreciated.

THanks sorry for semi-thread jack,:)

h

Guest Ryn

I'll try to burn-in this one for a week or two and we'll see if I'll get any improvement. Well I do hope so:D , if not then I'll be contented with 2.6xx since my original goal was for 2.5GHz only:)

If you guys(or anyone)is familiar with SYSTOOL I have noticed that on initial burn-in the MAX for this CPU is 2.5, this is where it gets weird; looking at some others initial results they claim the highest is 2.5 - 2.6...but this is running at a 1:1 divider. Otherwise, what I am saying is that I *think* they(4400+'s) kind of need to be broken in(constant burn-in sessions?)and at that point you have a VERY small window of time to acheive a "better than average" OC. That's what happened to me, after my first stock burn-in I couldn't even prime 2.6 at a 1/2; now I can prime 2.7 at a 5/6(????)My max is 2.73(no point)All I'm saying is that it's important to keep "reasonably" hammering away on this chip and I promise you that it will bring you a greater yield, how great is anyone's guess.

To the 4400+'s(may you burn in prosperously),

h

[email protected] is really great, i beraly do 2.6 (110w ver) with 1.53 more or less...

i would stick with ti, i dont think you'll reach any higher with that cooler anywayz

Thanks dudeicon14.gif

PS,

She'll(yours) go highericon10.gif

What are your BIOS settings?

i currently have a dead W.c., so im on lower volts then stock with cnQ with a low end fan :|

but i chked my cpu with mem divider even at 1/2, ill re chk it when ill have a new/replaced W.C system, but from what i remember, max stabel, comfrable thing i had was [email protected] or so Volts...

(its really hot here, and my case aint the best as well... so is my w.c. unit, again, ill see what i get next and then ill come back here :) but really, i find it hard to believe you will reach anything higher, its not worth it, its a gem as it is.)

Another 89W 4400+ here from Europe.

ADV4400DAA6CD CCBWE 0613BPMW.

[email protected]

Looks like it isn't doing that bad when i compare it with the results in this thread. But i did expect more from it really.

The memory controller on this thing sucks big time. It requires a lot of finetuning and it can even make the system totally unstable at stock with the wrong settings (yet settings my memory can handle for sure) I can have it to 2700Mhz with 1.4v and that's not really bad, but like mentioned before i also hit a wall at 2.7Ghz.

These CPUs use the same Vcore as the 110w version if i'm correct, so they did something else to lower the TDP and i think it has something to do with the memory controller or of course it could just me mine that has a crappy controller.

Before i bought the CPU i checked amdcompare.com and it said the 89w version used a lower Vcore and just like the 1700+ JIUHB DLT3C 1.5v instead of 1.6v, the Duron Applebred at 1.5v instead of 1.6 the Athlon XP Mobiles at 1.45v i expected it to be a great overclocker. Turned out the Vcore isn't lower and when i checked the website again they changed the Vcore rating for the ADV version!!! :(

It does run cool. I'm using watercooling with 2 radiators, without the IHS and with the latest Shin Etsu and with dual prime it doesn't come over 35c! It's basicly the coldest chip in my system. :D

Just got myself a spanking new ADV4400DAA6CD CCBWE 0613BPMW as in the previous post.. Little bro got it from newegg for me and shipped it to the UK

fitting this weekend with a new big typhoon to plonk on top of her.

looking to oc for the first time so would like some advice as a foundation...

with the system I have on my sig, mobo & RAM in particular

1/ is there a BIOS anyone can recommed for the ADV4400 / Sli-D / 2GiB Redline combo? I have Tmods disk ready

2/ what slots should I use yellow/orange with my RAM.

3/ my aim was for 250x11 running the RAM @ stock 250, is that the correct approach?

Tar

LP

What are you talking about?! Are you calculating your HTT freq or something?
Yes HTT. For some reason I put DDR in front of the HTT frequency.

Guest Timmay

This is strange because my CPU under Core Temp says that its a 65W Version, yet under anything else it doesn't mention it - nor the box I belive.

Guest Timmay

Sorry about the bump but has anyone heard of this^ ??