Opengl And Direct3d Options

Ximo

Ok... im seeing very big benchmark scores from pple that have sopects simmilar to mine... and i was wondering it u guys turn the Direct3D and OpenGL options to low quality/high performance to get higher scores or do u guys keep it at a balaced settings (mediaum performance/medium quality)??

cuz from Medium quality to high quality i got a 5k difference on Aqcua mark!!!! (15k-20k)

k, kewl... .kuz i alwys kept them at default (medium) and i was wondering....

but when u play a game, but u set the setting to quality so the game lookes better or you just keep it at the lowest quality??

k, kewl... .kuz i alwys kept them at default (medium) and i was wondering....

but when u play a game, but u set the setting to quality so the game lookes better or you just keep it at the lowest quality??

i normally use higher display settings for games, as most people probably do. As long as you're not getting bad fps, then go for it. benchmarks are only useful for comparing systems, but it has no real practical use, as people rarely sacrifice quality for speed unless they absolutely have to. If you're playing a multiplayer game online, then you may want to lower your display settings a little, but if you're talking single player games, pump up the res.

:withstupid: I turn everything back up to the highest resolution and detail when i play games. I never play with the AA or AF though. Post edited cause fanatic pointed out that im a loser :P Edited by andrusk

i can live without the aa but man af is awsum it brings outthe textures in the mipmaps that are far away instead of looking like a big dull blob . i think alot of people would disagree with you about the af settings alot of people care about iq and af was the best thing to happen in the iq department

I base my benchmark scores on the lowest possible quality settings i can use. That way it makes my scores as high as they can go. Call me a cheater, or what you will, but thats the way i do it.

its not cheating because it is there for you to change for specific purposes...(3dmark is one)

yes you have to set everything to performance/low quality, because that is how you do it. takes me like 3 mins to reset everything to performance. rage tweak has quite a few things to change lol.

but wow i couldnt imagine playing without AF and AA, im suprised some of you with nice systems dont... very suprised.

Edited by C0DE

I run the DNA 1.5.3.6 drivers. I keep everything at default. I wouldn't try running games at 4x AA, it would just kill my card. :P