Case mod store

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tips the hat to Blooz1! Thank you. Its enthusiasts like you that make all the hard work worth it.

Much of his stuff can only be found from him because no one else makes it.

Yep, we design and make all of our billet mod goodies. Demand exceeded production capability over last couple months. I got caught with my pants down :nod: We're starting to catch up though. Launching a new webstore soon so you no longer have to use Paypal exclusively.

I studied my dad's rod&custom, hot rod mags when I was in diapers. Spent many nights leaning over fenders to watch him wrench. Later on I'd rip out the pages of old hot rods and plaster them all over my walls. Especially Funny cars from the 70s, Mongoose, Snake, Hawaiian, Jungle Jim, Showtime...remeber the "Little Red Wagon?!" :cool:

The legends, ed "big daddy" roth and george barris :cool:

Guest Blooz1

Hey Bil!

OMFG! I've never seen a pic of "Big Daddy" when he wasn't FAT! (Still has the goatee, though!)

I bought a case modded by Bill, the SC150, which is a slightly modified Compucase LX-6A19. (He deosn't sell 'em any more..) It's extremely plain-looking - just jet black - but's it's built lke a tank, has tons of room, and fantastic airflow. With 3x120MM sleeve-bearing Globe fans, I can barely hear the rig run with no other noise in the room!

Compucase changed the bezel design for the worse Blooz. More restrictive air ventilation.

I found an even better solution for quiet case mods. The new Thermaltake Swing. It will accept 120mm x 38mm Panaflo L1As in front and back :nod:

This time, I'm gonna show everyone how I do the mod package so DIYers can perform the mods too! I'm working on a photo worklog right now.

Thermaltake modified by Mnpctech Silent Swing in progress

mnpctech, welcome to the street, love your mods. Good luck with your site, hope you can expand massively, I'll be looking forward to some nice accessories from you. PM me if you would like me to make you a custom sig, maybe you already have some ideas.

I cant believe you found this thread I started. All your work has inspired me so much. I love the fact that you offer tutorials for dIYers like me. I also love hot rods, I even have a degree in automotive technology and work for a dodge(puke) dealership. I have a couple really interesting mod designs that I want to try. One is a custom watercooling setup with a special compact air intake system so people dont have to choose between a hot radiator inside there case or trouble mounting it outside the case. And another one with a roman era war theme on the Cooler master centurion case. Its a nice square case thats blah and has a flat pait job. I just love your work and the fact you dont rip anyone off. I mean that becasue you show everyone where to get the supplies cheap. And Im sure your custom cases are expensive but damn what a paint job those get. Keep up the good work your a great person and extremely talented. Dan :D

And I was looking at your malcraption twin turbine mod and had an idea. Next time you use those potentiometers on the front of the case get some from a guitar store like mucisiansfriend.com. Those would be perfect because they make all kinds of designs for knobs to swap out on guitar tone knobs. LIke those skulls or pretty much anything else. Plus they sit snuggly on a gear drive on the potentiometer and can be swapped out in the future if desired. So you would not have to worry about glueing, they would fit flush on the case, there cheap and wont cost a bundle, and they come in all kinds of designs. And by the way what are the two potentiometers for. Reset or something?

You gotta check this out. Soooo many designs and ideas. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/home/navigation?q=knobs

Heres the potentiometer they sit on-

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/home/naviga...q=potentiometer

And how do you do your paint jobs so quick? When I paint a case I have keep wet sanding and wet sanding untill my arm falls off to get a nice job.

I cant believe you found this thread I started. All your work has inspired me so much. I love the fact that you offer tutorials for dIYers like me. I also love hot rods, I even have a degree in automotive technology and work for a dodge(puke) dealership. I have a couple really interesting mod designs that I want to try. One is a custom watercooling setup with a special compact air intake system so people dont have to choose between a hot radiator inside there case or trouble mounting it outside the case. And another one with a roman era war theme on the Cooler master centurion case. Its a nice square case thats blah and has a flat pait job. I just love your work and the fact you dont rip anyone off. I mean that becasue you show everyone where to get the supplies cheap. And Im sure your custom cases are expensive but damn what a paint job those get. Keep up the good work your a great person and extremely talented. Dan :D

Wow, thanks for the great reply Dan. It fuels my fire :nod: Focus on your plans and dreams. Don't listen to anyone who will tell you otherwise.

I want this business to be successful. Everyone tells me you have to go overseas. I understand thats "today's market", but I'm going hold out from having my products made overseas for as long as I can. I believe if you can continue to be innovative and offer something that is "worth it's value" People will continue buying it from US manufacturers. I'm also very "pig headed" :sweat:

btw: I will say this about Dodge. They're still forging out big and brawny car designs that sell! while Ford and Chevy are drawing more style cues from asian market.

And I was looking at your malcraption twin turbine mod and had an idea. Next time you use those potentiometers on the front of the case get some from a guitar store like mucisiansfriend.com

Those were guitar knobs :)

And how do you do your paint jobs so quick? When I paint a case I have keep wet sanding and wet sanding untill my arm falls off to get a nice job.

There is no quick way... All that extra labor does pay off though.

• 2 weeks later...

You are really smart bill to have thought of guitar knobs. The only reason I thought of guitar knobs is because Im a guiatist. I wish your buisness success and thanks for all your tutorials there extremely helpful. I sometimes enjoy working on cars but I have to admit working on computer cases is like 10X more fun. Built in America is the way to go I cant stand companies that go overseas, there so out of touch and hard to work with. Keep up the good work I have yet to see a case made by you that is boring there all amazing. I still cant believe those are guitar knobs and here I thought there was something you never thought of. LOL Thanks, Dan :D

By the way I cant believe I didnt see your reply untill now. Im here everyday and it somehow slipt by me. Thanks for replying. :)

Yeah you would think a custom pc mod store would be way over priced but all his stuff is very resonable escpecially considering alot of it can only be found there. If your looking for great 120mms for like a triple water rad(where you could need 6 fans) then thats definetly where to get them it will save you a bundle. To me Bills case mod store is the best thing since sliced bread. LOL, Dan :shake: