Case mod store

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice looking, how are they attached? It looks like they screw onto the old faceplate, but in the bottom picture it looks recessed for a flush mount.

Could you manufacture these in blackened aluminum as well?

Going to be placing an order for those soon, I have a mod I'm doing for the reopening of our shop after the move, and those will fit great.

Great! I see that you're another MN Modder! Check your PM. I've got some interesting news to share about mnpctech.

Very nice looking, how are they attached? It looks like they screw onto the old faceplate, but in the bottom picture it looks recessed for a flush mount.

Could you manufacture these in blackened aluminum as well?

Yes, the screws are recessed.

I'm sorry, I don't have the resources to offer these in optional finishes ReelFiles.

I'll be coming to see you when I get a couple of days off from school (maybe you can help me figure out how to make this damn emblem). I'll post what I have so far after I get outta class *Technical Writing makes me want to punch a dead cat*

BilletOpticalDriveBayCover2.jpg

I meant the actual plate, not the screws, looks recessed in that shot.

BilletBlankDriveBayCover.jpg

In this picture it looks like the plate sticks out past the case's face, which I don't care much for.

I am not too worried about the color. Aluminum blackening chemicals are cheap and it seems like an easy mod to do myself. Thank you.

And how do you do your paint jobs so quick? When I paint a case I have keep wet sanding and wet sanding untill my arm falls off to get a nice job.

Looks like this guy never saw the tutorial where it says to wait 30 days before wet sanding. Doesn't sound quick to me. I don't have that kind of patience... ;)

Looks like this guy never saw the tutorial where it says to wait 30 days before wet sanding. Doesn't sound quick to me. I don't have that kind of patience... ;)

30 days before waxing. My Tutorial states "Cure time of 2 weeks is recommended before wetsanding" here You can speed up the cure time by using heat lamps t_ski :)

I've got some good news to share!

I'm moving mnpctech.com into a new location. This warehouse was built in 1896. I've co-signed the lease with another Pro Modder from MN, Stuart King owns Kikboxes We'll be sharing this space to perform custom mods and host open house on friday evening for retail sales.

We've named our new space "The Mod Nation" We're launching themodnation.com so you can watch progress of our custom cases & modding projects

MN-Propaganda-Poster2.jpg

The Ivy Arts Building

2637 27th Ave. S.

Minneapolis, MN 55406

Google Map

Located near Hwy I-94 and Riverside, Near the light rail and Greenway. The building is zoned Industrial 2. Occupancy consist of artists, woodworkers, bike mechanics, weavers, printmakers ...and 2 modders starting Oct 1st.

The space is a 388 sq ft, located on the 2nd floor w/ 3, windows facing North. Easy access to freight elevator. DSL connection avail. Arrangments for A/C are still under discussion. An elec baseboard heater was used by the previous Tenant. (we're curious as to how well that will work).

Travel time from my house to Ivy Building is 15 mins.

Stu's home will be a farther distance. One benefit for Stu is that he works in Downtown Mpls. The Lightrail stop is just a 10 min walk from the Ivy Building. If needed, Stu can park at the Ivy versus a remote parking lot or neighborhood street. He may even take the train over to the Ivy during his lunch break.

The front of The Ivy Arts Building. Lets storm the castle wall!!!

Ivy1.jpg

Main Enterance (27th ave so)

Ivy1b.jpg

2nd floor hallway to our space (we're not gonna have you walk this way though)

Ivy9b.jpg

Entering our space

Ivy3.jpg

Ivy5.jpg

Heres the tentative floor plan.

ShopDesign2.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Move-In Progress Pics

You're all welcome to visit us if you're ever in Minnesota on a Friday evening, once the new space is finished.

10/04/06

I'm checking into why this new flourescent tube isn't working.

MNMoveIn1.jpg

Hanging up David Perry framed photo and Busted Knuckle garage sign Compliments of our good friends at WizD!!

MNMoveIn3.jpg

Corner Workbench with 6" Swivel Vise (waiting for Drill Press)

MNMoveIn7.jpg

MNMoveIn5.jpg

View from couch

MNMoveIn4.jpg

Me chilling out on our freebie Black leather couch.

MNMoveIn2.jpg

10/06/06

I'm checking out kikbox and Ogre's hand built workbench.

Picture%20450-1.jpg

How we get around the warehouse!

1MNRazor.jpg

More Equipment and Tools Coming!!!