psu Choice

Devon

well u can c my specs of my pc now i have a choice of 2 PSU's

1. Hiper type R 580W

2. OCZ ModStream 520W

i was told about the fortron blue storm 500W and that it was better than the hiper but the blue storm isnt a choice atm cause i have a full acrylic case and need a PSU with detachable cables so now i have narrowed it down to either the hiper or the OCZ. but ime stuck from here so which one would u advise???

well is there any "theme" to this pc or is it just all cool stuff you wanna show off... you could lookng for a psu that has UV wrapped cables, so that they look cool even if their not hooked up...

but i would go with the 580w mainly cuz bigger looks cooler... that concept of having a massive psu is:

A) to power everything...

B) to look cool doing it...

and cause this is a show PC it should look cool doing anything...

well is there any "theme" to this pc or is it just all cool stuff you wanna show off... you could lookng for a psu that has UV wrapped cables, so that they look cool even if their not hooked up...

but i would go with the 580w mainly cuz bigger looks cooler... that concept of having a massive psu is:

A) to power everything...

B) to look cool doing it...

and cause this is a show PC it should look cool doing anything...

the powerstream over the hiper. its used by a lot of users and is of good quality. wtf is hiper?? lol.

also consider the enermax liberty series, they are of good quality.

and devon, just curious, y do u state that ur pc4000 modules are oced to 250? cause 250 is stock for pc4000... i know u have to pc ur cpu to get there but thats standard speed.. just curious :D

1) OCZ Modstream has a substantially poorer spec than the 520 Powerstream which i think most pps think its's just the modular version of.

see OCZ ModStream Power Supply

_____Mod Power

3.3v 28 28

5v 52 40

12v 28 33

you can see where it matters 12v you lose 5A.

2) Hiper R 580 looks better both prettier :) & power wise.

you might also consider the enermax liberty series which probably gets the votes in the power supply forums & reviews ahead of the other 2.

Enermax® Liberty Series Power Supply

Luck :)

PS

Not get a modular PSU
not my choice but can see the attraction.

ill take ur word for that but i cant have all those wires hanging around cause my pc is a show pc and performance pc so i need a modular PSU.

You could make a statement by NOT using a modular power supply, but whatever.

You might as well grab the Hiper since its less expensive there anyways.

the OCZ MODSTREAM has uv cables so that is a bonus...

thanx all for the help i was gonna get the OCZ but the shop didnt have them in and i would have had to wait till next wednesday so i decided to get the hiper and its in now and working great so i now have a huge smile on my face... oh and it has UV cables and the psu case looks dam sexy.

I like my ModStream. I like that fact that it's stable for my application and is visually appealing also.

However, if I had to do it again, I'd probably pick up the 520w PowerStream.

That said, good choice anyway. My friend has that PSU and loves it.