Woohoo! I Might Have A Job!

andrusk

Howdy everyone! Nobody here probably cares very much, but so what! I finally landed an interview at Best Buy on monday!! Im so happy!! Not only will I finally have a job, but a great employee discount to go along with it!! Hahaha!!!

p.s. Feel free to make all the Best Buy jokes you want. Ill be the only one there who actually knows what hes doing! :ph34r:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, i'm jobhunting too, and was thinking of working at bestbuy until i can find something marketing related elsewhere. If you don't mind, could you tell me how much they pay? I know bestbuy isn't commission-based, which i like. Also, do you know how much the employee discount is? That's of course the main reason i'd choose them over another retail outlet.

If you don't want to post that stuff on here, if you can PM me that would be great too. Thanks. and GOOD LUCK! :)

No i wouldnt have a problem posting them here. Thing is, i dont know yet. I dont quite have the job yet but i am pretty sure I will land one after the interview on monday :)

Thats the one thing that makes me want to work for them too! Im not quite sure what it was but i used to know a guy that worked there and he said they get like 15% over COST, not just of price. As you all know, cost is a heck of a lot less then the real price. Im not sure if this is true or not but thats what i heard.

I'll make sure to post the wage and discount after monday when i get the job! :) Wish me luck!!

No i wouldnt have a problem posting them here.  Thing is, i dont know yet.  I dont quite have the job yet but i am pretty sure I will land one after the interview on monday :) 

Thats the one thing that makes me want to work for them too!  Im not quite sure what it was but i used to know a guy that worked there and he said they get like 15% over COST, not just of price.  As you all know, cost is a heck of a lot less then the real price.  Im not sure if this is true or not but thats what i heard.

I'll make sure to post the wage and discount after monday when i get the job! :)  Wish me luck!!

I already did :P

But i'll do it again. GOOD LUCK!

Hey Andrusk, I work at Future Shop in Canada which is basically like a sister company to Best Buy and our discounts is cost + 10%. If Best Buy runs the same way then it will depend on what product you are looking at. If you are looking at speakers and home theatre stuff, expect huge discounts. Also depends on what cost is on computer stuff too. Some stuff there is bigger markup and other stuff not as much. Usually in things like mobos, CPUs, RAM etc not alot, but things like accessories there is a bigger markup. Anyway I hope everything goes good for ya.

Cool i was gonna work at bust buy. They said i could get the job but then after my interview the person that was going to give me a ride there. He worked there also got fired for dropping a moniter and breaking it. So i never did get my job :(