Bud Of Mine Is Having Fun...UT 250GB...

Ok primed 8 hrs using vector7's timings in his sig with both sticks of memory and 3.2 volts.

I kept thinkin I could go 2-2-2-5 get my max oc and then fine tune the ram but I guess the 250 is a whole new animal then my nf7.

The diff. now is my settings of 232x13 is getting 38s super pi instead of 31s and prime is doing only 5 tests per set and it was 6 before. I don't care tho cause I got both sticks runnin now and can probably go higher.

I got 2-2-2-10-12-16 and everthing else is still auto.

Thx Everyone.

what's your vcore? ...the tREF value has been reported to make a difference in overclocking also.

you should check out the Socket 754 Overclocking Database for advanced memory timings, if you have not already.

TGM

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok primed 8 hrs using vector7's timings in his sig with both sticks of memory and 3.2 volts.

I kept thinkin I could go 2-2-2-5 get my max oc and then fine tune the ram but I guess the 250 is a whole new animal then my nf7.

The diff. now is my settings of 232x13 is getting 38s super pi instead of 31s and prime is doing only 5 tests per set and it was 6 before. I don't care tho cause I got both sticks runnin now and can probably go higher.

I got 2-2-2-10-12-16 and everthing else is still auto.

Thx Everyone.

Make sure you have 1T enabled…

Sometimes it bumps to 2T when adding 2 sticks.

v7

great OC V7, those are some great temps on air with 1.7vcore. is that a 24/7 vcore you run? what fan and fan voltage are you using?

i've always read that you shouldn't go more than .2volt over defualt vcore, but i always pushed that general rule to .3volt over stock vcore, which on our cores would be 1.65v. which is another reason why i'm happy i've got water for it. it makes me feel better about the temps.

you temps are great tho; i've read anything over 50C is a no no. you're not even close to 50C and you're on air and using 1.7vcore, w0w. great setup you have there.

TGM

On air at 1.7v with my HSF that’s racing not living…:)

The 6000RPM Delta is at about half speed. I have a rheostat but don’t have it connected to monitor the RPM’s. You are correct about the voltage. The biggest enemy I have right now is heat. Pushing anymore voltage with my HSF at 1.550 on air gives diminishing returns. The heat is eroding stability above 3100Mhz beyond 1.550v.

At 1.550 vcore I was running 11*276 to make sure everything was tied down and stable there with 9/10 divider. Right now I’m down to 13*235 waiting for the OCZ Phase to come on line. I hope to get moving toward the 13*270’s.

v7

Vector7 the timings caused me to reset the bios but thx anyway.

At the moment I am priming away at 250x12. 2-2-2-10-12-16...all others on auto.

Here is link for timing's for the 250 that I'll bet alot of you have already seen.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=3...max+async+laten

I was afraid of that... :(

It took me quite awhile with memtest to not only find the best sticks to put in the closest slot next to the CPU. But hours of limbering them up to run high and tight.

Good link there ;)

v7

I am thinking of getting this mobile cpu just to tie me over until I do a real upgrade. I have a question on the HSF. Will it take my existing Thermalright xp120 HSF, and if yes, what precautions do I have to take when installing it? Thanks.

you could look at getting a heatsink, like the Thermalright 947U that mounts to the socket thru the mobo mounting holes; or any other heatsinks that mount the same way. this way you can slowly screw down each side and keep even pressure on the core till it's tightend down; plus you would not need to modify anything to fit, including your current heatsink.

TGM

TGM.. I think you mean SLK948 since thats the one for a64 cpu's, the 947 is for socket A's... Unfortunatly the 948's havent been available for a while now but if you can find one they work great with lidless cpu's.. I know because I have two of these sinks..hehe.

TGM.. I think you mean SLK948 since thats the one for a64 cpu's, the 947 is for socket A's... Unfortunatly the 948's havent been available for a while now but if you can find one they work great with lidless cpu's.. I know because I have two of these sinks..hehe.

my bad.... sorry guys. you're right Thunda, thanx for the correction.

TGM