Angry's Blog of Doom (or idiocy....take your pick)

Angry_Games

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spray beer can with non-stick cooking spray. Put chicken on top of beer and set on grill using indirect heat for 1 hour.

I’m having a hard time trying to picture a can of beer (open I hope) on top of a grill with a chicken balanced on top of it. Next time you cook that, you’ll have to post back with a photo of the chicken cooking. :D

I’m having a hard time trying to picture a can of beer (open I hope) on top of a grill with a chicken balanced on top of it. Next time you cook that, you’ll have to post back with a photo of the chicken cooking. :D

its easy

as momma said, put the chicken over the can, and then put a pie tin under it

or

like we did

just buy one of the holders:

Stainless Steel ChickCAN™ Rack

Guest Blooz1

That's good stuff!

And yeah, it looks funny when it's cookin' - they DO make special racks for this method

chickcan3.gif

Recipe for beer can chicken

1 (4 Lb.) Fryer Chicken

3/4 Can of Beer

Seasoning* (see below)

Vegetable Oil

Non-stick Cooking Spray

Dry Spice Rub

combine:

2 tablespoons, ground cumin

2 tablespoons, curry powder

2 tablespoons, chili powder

1 tablespoon, ground allspice

1 tablespoon, ground black pepper

1 teaspoon, ground cinnamon

Wet Spice Rub

combine:

1/2 teaspoon, ground cumin

1/2 teaspoon, chili powder

1/2 teaspoon, paprika

1/2 teaspoon, ground coriander

1 tablespoon, fresh orange juice

1 1/2 teaspoons, fresh lime juice

1 1/2 teaspoons, good olive oil

1 small clove, garlic - minced very fine

1 tablespoon, minced cilantro leaves

OPTIONAL: 1/2 teaspoon, cayenne pepper (adds spicy heat)

Rinse chicken and remove gizzard, neck, etc. Sprinkle the chicken, inside and out, heavily with seasonings. Spray beer can with non-stick cooking spray. Put chicken on top of beer and set on grill using indirect heat for 1 hour. Rub on some vegetable oil and finish cooking until browned all over (an additional 20 - 30 minutes), AND juices run clear. Total time on the grill is about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Depending on your temperature on your grill.

Comments:

Using a 2 burner gas grill have one side burning on high and the other side not burning and put the chicken on the cold side to cook. On a charcoal grill slide the hot coals to one side and put chick on the cold side.

Tip: To help chicken stand up and cut down on fire flare ups and clean up.Place beer can with chicken on a disposable pie pan.

I dont drink beer? :cat:

what is the creature in my avatar? an owl? it is one of your pictures from your website...

Did you did that in purpose and if so how is that 'me'? see previous answer

If so... then i dont even know that i have a website..... what website is it? im curious now..

lol

the BIG ROUND BASE???

and we are talking CHICKENS here...not 48 pound Turkeys or mutated chickens...

Do you at least tie the bird to the big round base so it doesn’t fall over backwards, or just lean it up against the beer?

Sounds like an interesting recipe, and orange juice might be another option for beer. I remember stuffing a pig with oranges and onions once. Yummy..... Didn’t taste like chicken either. :D

Guest Blooz1

Wingspar -

1. An open can of beer is inserted down into the center of the stand.

2. Spraying the can + stand with non-stick spray is a good idea.

3. The Chicken is slid down OVER the stand/can, so it stands upright! (the can is inside the chicken)

3. The Chicken is slid down OVER the stand/can, so it stands upright! (the can is inside the chicken)

Well, now that makes sense, and for the first time, spraying the beer can with non-stick spray makes sense too. This photo chickcan2.jpg makes it look like the chicken is on the outside of the can, and will fall over backwards. :D

Do you at least tie the bird to the big round base so it doesn’t fall over backwards, or just lean it up against the beer?

Sounds like an interesting recipe, and orange juice might be another option for beer. I remember stuffing a pig with oranges and onions once. Yummy..... Didn’t taste like chicken either. :D

I have heard of people using soda, like coke, instead of beer so that is another option.