PC not starting...

Strange problem your having there. I have a couple ideas that might help.

1) Make both the large PSU connector and the 4 pin square one are plugged in and seated good.

2) Try the onboard power switch. Perhaps the one in your case is dead.

The LED's staying on will be normal, it's just power which hasn't been used up all the way yet.

Good luck.

Thanks for the help. Glad to know there are people who are willing to help stupid people in need. Ill get back with results.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Allright, I don't know if this helps or not...BUT...I recently bought an SLI-DR board and I fried both it and my brand new X2 3800 processor because my PSU blew. All I ever got was the 4 leds lighting up and the ram led. When I pressed the power button, the ram light went out and the system clicked but nothign happened. I RMAd my board and CPU back to monarch and they confirmed that I had fried my mobo and cpu. And they replaced both free of charge. That is what happened to me and upon receiving the parts, everything worked great. After purchasing a new 520W OCZ Modstream PSU. Don't lose hope dude, keep trying at it. If worse comes to worse, send it back or exchange it. Best of luck, Scott

Allright, I don't know if this helps or not...BUT...I recently bought an SLI-DR board and I fried both it and my brand new X2 3800 processor because my PSU blew. All I ever got was the 4 leds lighting up and the ram led. When I pressed the power button, the ram light went out and the system clicked but nothign happened. I RMAd my board and CPU back to monarch and they confirmed that I had fried my mobo and cpu. And they replaced both free of charge. That is what happened to me and upon receiving the parts, everything worked great. After purchasing a new 520W OCZ Modstream PSU. Don't lose hope dude, keep trying at it. If worse comes to worse, send it back or exchange it. Best of luck, Scott

So you are saying that it is possible that my mobo is caput without putting power to the whole thing? I think I purchased my mobo more than the allowed period for an RMA too :(

I have the same problem. When testing it was fine. But when I wanted to set up my rig with the 400gb hard drive and push all the wires to the back (to make it look clean), it would power on then off right away. I did it again and the same happened. After that it wouldn't turn on or light up at all. I think something bad happened :(

I tried the cmos resetting and battery removing but no go. No power up what so ever, but there is the yellow light that is on.

I'm waiting til later today to turn it on again.

Any suggestions?

I also tried replacing the cpu and that did nothing.

Please suggest.

Thanks

After some thinking last night before falling asleep, I have thought of two questions.

1) Is it possible that my PSU has died but is still giving out just enough power to make the DRAM and Standby lights turn on but not enough to get the thing to boot.

or

2) Is it possible that the motherboard has died but the DRAM and Standby lights still come on even though it is not able to turn on.

After some thinking last night before falling asleep, I have thought of two questions.

1) Is it possible that my PSU has died but is still giving out just enough power to make the DRAM and Standby lights turn on but not enough to get the thing to boot.

or

2) Is it possible that the motherboard has died but the DRAM and Standby lights still come on even though it is not able to turn on.

I just went through this....upon hitting power switch, casefans would try to spin, LED's flashed for split second... then nothing. I was able to jump-strat my PSU, and voltage tested out ok.... so i RA'd board.... get new board 2 weeeks later... same problem, tried a different PSU, booted perfectly. I highly recommend you try another PSU, or go to aspire's website and ask for help fromt heir techinical staff (Start the RMA process for it)

You can plug into another rig but easier get to insert paper clip in the green wire on 24 pin to black wire and turn on psu but if going to other rig works better you yes.The aspire psus are not quality psus.