PC not starting...

Ok after getting all of my stuff installed and all of it corctly the darned thing wont start up. The DRAM power light and the standby lights are on but when I press my case power button or the mobo power button it does nothing. Anyone got any ideas whats up?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did you follow the build guide that someone else posted a link to earlier?

anyways, try to just get the PSU started. follow this

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/show...ad.php?t=118964

of course even if it does start after you jump start it, it may still be bad as i found out... but if it cant jump start, you know where your problem is

I have been told Aspire PSU's really arent all that great, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, when you hit the power button, nothing at all happens? No fans spin? Exactly how many LEDS light up?

I just fixed my problem, and it had to do with my power connections. Are you sure everything is connected properly? I'm sorry your system isn't working, I know the feeling. Just try to be patient and descriptive and you'll get some more help eventually. Took me about 24 hours to finally figure out what was going on with my board. :rolleyes:

I have been told Aspire PSU's really arent all that great, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, when you hit the power button, nothing at all happens? No fans spin? Exactly how many LEDS light up?

I just fixed my problem, and it had to do with my power connections. Are you sure everything is connected properly? I'm sorry your system isn't working, I know the feeling. Just try to be patient and descriptive and you'll get some more help eventually. Took me about 24 hours to finally figure out what was going on with my board. :rolleyes:

Nothing happend at all. The most exciting thing that happens is the click from when I let the power button out. Everything is connected, and I'm going to go and recheck everything right after I post this. Meaning im probably going to take out all wires and put each and everyone back. If the PSU is dead then I guess after I pay for my GPU ad RAM I could go and buy a new one at Frys, but then again it could be the mobo, although I doubt that because the DRAM and standby lights are on. I could be wrong thouh, hope im not.

Edit: Don't know if this means anything, but I just noticed that the back fan grill on my PSU is warm and that when I power down, the lights stay on for a bit then turn off after I hear this kind of "psew" noise.

Strange problem your having there. I have a couple ideas that might help.

1) Make both the large PSU connector and the 4 pin square one are plugged in and seated good.

2) Try the onboard power switch. Perhaps the one in your case is dead.

The LED's staying on will be normal, it's just power which hasn't been used up all the way yet.

Good luck.