• Scythe Ninja
    • Thermalright XP-90
    • Thermalright XP-90c
    • Thermalright XP-120
    • Thermalright SI-120
    • Thermaltake Big Typhoon
    • Zalman CNPS9500
    • Other (please post)

I would say the Big Typhoon paired with a good fan. I used to have an XP-120 but the big typhoon is just a tad better in my opinion.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XP-90 with a 45CFM 120MM fan mounted on it keeps me around 24C idle, 45C full load after 8 hours of prime. By far the best for the money. I fan a 79CFM 92MM fan on it and got slightly higher temps. It's not the speed of the but the amount. Everyone with an XP-90 should mount a 120MM on it.

These temps are @ 2.8GHz @ 1.68V

XP-90 with a 45CFM 120MM fan mounted on it keeps me around 24C idle, 45C full load after 8 hours of prime. By far the best for the money. I fan a 79CFM 92MM fan on it and got slightly higher temps. It's not the speed of the but the amount. Everyone with an XP-90 should mount a 120MM on it.

These temps are @ 2.8GHz @ 1.68V

How do you mount a 120 on it? The clips won't hold a 120 will they?

J

• 4 weeks later...

Well people i use the gigabyte pro and im happy that it never goes over 38c even with the heating on it never goes above 38c, only the idle temps vary between 26 and 29 depending on room temps, for ALL you people banging on about what’s best etc, judging by what temps some of you have reported its worth mentioning that the STOCK HSF does a good job too, my temps with that was 30 idle and 45 loaded so lets face it people they are all good HSF including the stock one!

I trust your figures are accurate but wonder if your definition of full load is 1 prime running small ffts on each core, dual prime:)?

My X2 4400+ running 300x9, 270x10, 246x11 idles at 32degrees with the stock AMD heatpipe hsf running 2700rpm! and under full load (dual prime) gets 51celcius with the stock heatpipe cooler.

With a Pabst 1600rpm(54cfm) fan with 120->80mm fan converter on the amd heatpipe cooler it hets 55celcius under full dual prime load.

My vcore is a lot lower than yours so I wonder if you can tell a bit more on circumstances, case, what is full load in your case etc.

My NZXT Lexa case has 3 120mm fans and 1 80mm fan, my psu has a 120mm fan as well.

2 120mm fans blow air into the case, 2 suck it out and 1 80mm fan sucks air out as well.

btw. when I run prime the default way my 'full load' temp is 43-44celcius with the 80mm fan but also with the 120mm fan on the cooler.

I own a thermaltake big typhoon. Got my system at 305*9 at 1.64V. My cpu is about 33-35 degrees in idle with the fan on the typhoon switched off!!! Yes you saw when idle and do very little work on the cpu i can keep the fan turned off.

During load it runs around 43-46 degrees with the fan spinning at 1300rpm.

I'm very satiesfied.

Guest shaolin95

My vote is for the one in my sig...Scythe Ninja. Big Typhoon will be my second best in performance but the Ninja performs better or at the very least on par with it and offers more flexibility.

I'm using the Tt Sonic Tower . Man, it's a monster. :eek2: :eek:

With a good airflow and no fan on it my [email protected], 1.45V maxes at 52*.

With one 120mm Tt blue led fan @970rpm - 44*, @1900rpm (max) - 38*. (fan out)

With one 120mm CM red led fan @550rpm - 46*, @1150rpm (max) - 42*. (fan in between)

With two 120mm CM red led fans @550rpm - 41*, @1150rpm (max) - 38*. (one out, one in between)

All temps are at ambient 22*C.

The last setup is simply CRAZY, an overkill for the board! Absolutely silent, not a sound. I haven't had any problems to date. Only con is the mounting of the Tower.