apology

Hello everyone. I just thought I should post a note about my last thread in which I complained about a defective bios on my mobo. The 2 vid cards I have listed below I modified with a liquid cooling solution. It turns out the one on the top (naturally) developed a slow leak over the course of the last 2 weeks or so and had leaked just enough to get into the PCI E slot below it. I periodically checked for leaks but never saw this one until it was too late. This is after I ran the cooling system out of the case for a least 24 hours before I put it in to insure that wouldn't happen but it did. It mimicked a bios problem so closely that I was sure that was the problem. It must have been just damp enough to cause it to lock up before finally one big drip must have hit it and totally fried my brand new Vcard and probably the PCI slot on the board as well. So I may be out close to $1000. I need some serious Prozac. With the leak gone and just one surviving card the "bios" issue amazingly disappeared. So I apolgise for any bad thing I might have said about the mobo as it was in no way to blame. When I replace the main board like I think I'm going to have to if I want SLi again. I will definately get another DFI. Better luck to all!

Wow! I'm really sorry to here that. I would rather have a nasty breakup with my GF than have my computer get fried. One I can live without, one I can't.

This is why I never went with water cooling. I like to leave my computer running 24/7. It never gets turned off. I would be so paranoid about something happening to the system, I would lose productivity at work and I definately would never sleep again.

Wow.... That is f*****.

A friend of mine had the exact same problem, but I hink his Vidcard was still usable. It just had some green corrosion on the connector, which he wiped off first.

Good luck

Edit By THunDA

Watch the language please !!

SPdDeMn really sorry to here about the leak,hope it doesn't happen to me.I took out alittle insurance with MCT. My hat is off to you as most come to forum the classy lady and when they find out the real problem you never here back, your a big man in my book. hope everything works out. ;)

you know I thought well at least I have a working puter albeit with only one card but I guess there really was a bios issue as well as it's doing it again. funny how it started working again right after I took out the fried card. It was easy to assume it was the waterfall mod in my case lol. So I take the bios chip to a computer shop around here and they don't even have a lousy bios programmer. Wouldn't you have one if you ran a computer repair shop? I mean what are they about $300? I know someone who has one and he was supposed to come by with it but no call no show oh well. So for now I guess I am just going to get away from this machine for a while before I start racking shells in the 12ga. This will all get resolved just damn debilitating to be without a computer. Course I still have my 500mhz P3 dell laptop I can classy lady in forums with! lol, peace everybody

whats cool about this is the DFI boards tend to survive their scuba lesson pretty well, a friend of mine runs water has found a puddle on top of his vid card two or three times before he changed out his clamps, it was soakin into the pci slot, and all the computer did was act a bit funney, he dried it out and its fine lol

whats cool about this is the DFI boards tend to survive their scuba lesson pretty well, a friend of mine runs water has found a puddle on top of his vid card two or three times before he changed out his clamps, it was soakin into the pci slot, and all the computer did was act a bit funney, he dried it out and its fine lol

you know I really wasn't worried about water damage too much as I thought I was watching for leaks and I too have seen electronics of various sorts survive what you would think would be the end of them. My leak was by no mean a gusher and I could barely tell water had gotten into the slot but it was enough in just the right place I guess. 2 fingers on the vid card are now a charred memory as are the corresponding pins in the second PCIe slot, see ya later farewell! I'm hoping I'm lucky enough to get them to exchange it... mods?... what mods?

Guest thespin

I would NEVER use water cooling unless there were non-conducting coolants like MCT-40. It costs like $30 a quart but that's enough for probably a couple of years minimum ...

Yeah get non conductant liquid like that or X-freeze or something. i forget real name. Since Distilled water picks up ions and things in the tube it's not really distilled water. Also, distilled water at Shoppers has a pH of 7.2 (Omg Science teacher just shares crap with us...) Purewater/distilled water= 7. If i ever bought water cooling, then i'd run the thing externally with paper towels underneath everything so it clearly points out where it leaks.

Damn that does suck. Maybe you can just call for an RMA? who made the cards. Hopefully its BFG or evga or XFX. Maybe screw up the 6 pin power connector lol. I dunno.

"Manufacture Error" My 6 pin power keeps falling out of the connector on my card since your assembly line screwed it !#*!* up!