Custom Sig Requests + Sig discussion

red930

lol yea...I was having lots of trouble finding a font stand out (clearly) like I wanted it to. I think I tried doing what you suggested before, only with a contrast/brightness adjustment layer over the inverse selection. When you say fade out opacity, is that the default, general blending options on the layer? I see nowhere to change the color...

I'm working with Photoshop CS2 and 7.0.

What about file size? I have it at 72 pixels/in resolution, but still had a lot of issues getting it below 50kb. Filesize on my comp is right, upload to photobucket makes it larger, then pic properties on DIY-street says its even bigger...

i.e. 30kb-55kb saving .PSD as .jpg quality level 4

Any font suggestions? I was looking for something to stick with the comic theme, or Spartan-ish.

spartan8-2.jpg

The new one looks good, keep that font! An the effect on it! I meant adjust the opacity slider for the background layer... you'll obviously have to promote the background layer to a full layer, then put a black layer underneath, and split the dude and the 300 off onto their own layer... THEN you can adjust the opacity for the "war scene" background... putting the black layer at the very back will make it fade out to black instead of say... white...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new one looks good, keep that font! An the effect on it! I meant adjust the opacity slider for the background layer... you'll obviously have to promote the background layer to a full layer, then put a black layer underneath, and split the dude and the 300 off onto their own layer... THEN you can adjust the opacity for the "war scene" background... putting the black layer at the very back will make it fade out to black instead of say... white...

Yea, having the white on black lettering looks a lot better. I kept trying to go the opposite and it screwed up the clarity.

The fade-to-white was a simple gradient overlay from black to white at 50% opacity. I tried the black background/fade the war scene but it looks like its just getting darker. And with that, the lettering effect gets lost.

Plus I'm almost at the lowest quality to get the size down, and its starting to get a little noise. How could I fix that?

spartan8-2.jpg

spartan8-3.jpg

Plus I'm almost at the lowest quality to get the size down, and its starting to get a little noise. How could I fix that?

Nevermind, I found photoshop's "save to web" function, great quality with the right file sizes.

between my sig and this one?

spartan10.jpg

Anybody up to making me a sig when i get my ram back from rma and rig stable w/oc? I like what s1ick did, but something a little more readable, and i don't care if different pics are used, I'm graphicly challenged...lol.

I have a really poor imagination when it comes to graphics type things like forum sigs. If anyone is up to trying to improve on what i have now, that would be great. I think S1ick used a mac to make this, so even if i asked him for the psd file, it probably wouldn't help. It seems he isn't doing them anymore and i haven't seen him here in quite a while anyway.

Also someone who visits the forum regularly as i change settings or hardware and need to update sig would be nice. I won't need one for at least a week anyway, as i have to wait for my ram (rma) and get my rig oc'ed and stable again with different ram.

I got these images from imageshack, if that helps. But even if you can use a completely different theme, i have pics of my beautiful Yamaha drums..i use them as an avatar at the bleedin' edge forums. just a thought, as i don't even know what i want. I don't mind even staying with these pics, but the text is hard to read.

Anybody up to making me a sig when i get my ram back from rma and rig stable w/oc? I like what s1ick did, but something a little more readable, and i don't care if different pics are used, I'm graphicly challenged...lol.

I have a really poor imagination when it comes to graphics type things like forum sigs. If anyone is up to trying to improve on what i have now, that would be great. I think S1ick used a mac to make this, so even if i asked him for the psd file, it probably wouldn't help. It seems he isn't doing them anymore and i haven't seen him here in quite a while anyway.

Also someone who visits the forum regularly as i change settings or hardware and need to update sig would be nice. I won't need one for at least a week anyway, as i have to wait for my ram (rma) and get my rig oc'ed and stable again with different ram.

I got these images from imageshack, if that helps. But even if you can use a completely different theme, i have pics of my beautiful Yamaha drums..i use them as an avatar at the bleedin' edge forums. just a thought, as i don't even know what i want. I don't mind even staying with these pics, but the text is hard to read.

how about this one:

batmansig1.gif

or one like this:

cm1.jpg

?

/me is more than happy to make you one, free of charge!

:tooth:

how about this one:

batmansig1.gif

or one like this:

cm1.jpg

?

/me is more than happy to make you one, free of charge!

:tooth:

No thanks, Travis. You might like them and think they are representative of your personality, but they aren't quite my "cup of tea". :D

Hey all.

Ive been asked to come in here and help out. so anyone of you that would like a Sig made let me know. If you have a Pic of a back ground that you might like to have post it here . If its to big to post here you can send it to me PM or we can do yahoo messenger. most i have done Sig's for like then. I hang in the chat room so ya can come slap me if ya wont :D

So neilcha;698376 do you have a pic i can start with?

neilchakr8.jpg

hey wil

could you or anyone update my sig or do me a new one please as i have been shopping again and it needs changing , if someone can do me a whole new onw could i have a "MANCHESTER UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB " THEME PLEASE

THERMALTAKE ARMOUR

ASUS A8R32 MVP CROSSFIRE

OPTY 165 X2 LCB9E @ 2.6

ARCTIC PRO 64 COOLING

Corsair XMS3200 2GB 2x1GB

80GB WD RAPTOR

SAPH RADEON X1950 PRO 512MB

SAMSUNG WRITEMASTER DVDRW

HIPER TYPE R 580W

XP PRO SP2