Custom Sig Requests + Sig discussion

red930

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shrunk the file size..

[ATTACH]5917[/ATTACH]

This sig does not fall into the required limets of a sig spec. Sig are limeted to 650X200

@ 225Slant6: can you post a link to the back ground only (no writing) and all take a shot

This sig does not fall into the required limets of a sig spec. Sig are limeted to 650X200

@ 225Slant6: can you post a link to the back ground only (no writing) and all take a shot

Thanks for pointing that out I will have to redo it now. Here is the image I made it from:

BF2ServerLauncherBG.jpg

Any opinions on how this one could be improved?

do a freehand selection around the dude and the 300, invert selection and fade the rest out towards a black background (opacity), then add your text in black with white outline... would look pretty cool... even better if you could find a different font than Comic-Sans... lol

lol yea...I was having lots of trouble finding a font stand out (clearly) like I wanted it to. I think I tried doing what you suggested before, only with a contrast/brightness adjustment layer over the inverse selection. When you say fade out opacity, is that the default, general blending options on the layer? I see nowhere to change the color...

I'm working with Photoshop CS2 and 7.0.

What about file size? I have it at 72 pixels/in resolution, but still had a lot of issues getting it below 50kb. Filesize on my comp is right, upload to photobucket makes it larger, then pic properties on DIY-street says its even bigger...

i.e. 30kb-55kb saving .PSD as .jpg quality level 4

Any font suggestions? I was looking for something to stick with the comic theme, or Spartan-ish.

spartan8-2.jpg