Any DFI Socket 754 Mobo's out there that support E6 semprons out of th

Hi all, as the title asks, are there? I'm making my girlfriend a computer for xmas, and I'd like to know if any DFI or any s754 mobo on the market supports the E6 semprons? What I don't wan't to do, is get the board and cpu and the thing doesn't boot up. Then I have to strip my uncles computer for the 3200+ C0 Clawhammer, just to flash the bios upto a date that will support it. I guess it's just laziness, but you have to admit that is kind of a hassle to do. If not though, then that's what I will do. Thanks for any input you guys have for me. :)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey thanks for the help guys. Looks like I'll be purchasing a 3rd 250Gb very shortly here than. :) For full support I'll need to flash to 6/23 beta correct? That won't be so bad, that bios now seems to handle my Newark a lot better than the 5/04 official did. Once again thanks for the help guys. :)

Terrible random reboots, and overall instability after a while with the 5/04. Also, I was seeing the "Detecting IDE RAID Array" screen A LOT with the 5/04. Usually a CMOS clear would stop the occurance for about a week, than it would return. Note that I did manually set every timing in the bios for memory to what I found to be my best settings for stability. Finally, I decided to update to the 6/23 again and give it a whirl, set up my memory timings the same way as I had them on the 5/04 and my results have been great ever since. No more RAID Detect screens, nor random reboots. The random reboots were happening even at stock clocks, I checked my temps and they were fine. I'm now running at 2760MHz on the 9/10 divider so my memory is at 197MHz 2-2-2-5 timings with 2.8v DRAM Voltage. Until I upgrade to 2GB of memory this seems to be my sweet spot.

If you're not having any issues with the 5/04, than I wouldn't switch. But it was my last resort before considering something hardware related. Hope that helps you, bud. :)

BTW thanks for the info about the Sempy. I've ordered and the board and processor should be here by wednesday. :)

Terrible random reboots, and overall instability after a while with the 5/04. Also, I was seeing the "Detecting IDE RAID Array" screen A LOT with the 5/04.

do u have SATA drives installed on sata1&2?

cuz my board wont boot if i have my SATA drives in those, i have to use sata3&4

and one more thing.. what do u mean by "support E6 semprons out of the box"

i know mine supports it.. but it shows unknown clawhammer family something something

No, I have my SATA on Slot 3 so if I go over 240FSB I don't get data corruption.

The E6 semprons are the newer semprons that are 64-bit / 90nm technology. Older semprons for the S754 were 130nm and 32-bit. What I meant was, would the old shipping bios from 3rd quarter 2004 be able to recognize the processor. It's absolutely fine that the board doesn't recognize the processor correctly, I was just worried that the computer would fail to post because it couldn't recognize it at all. Meaning I would have to swap in the old 3200+ C0 that I purchased 2 summers ago, just to flash to a bios to a date that actually does support them...