unofficial DUAL CORE opteron thread

racinjimy

I just Installed my opty 170 and I am hoping someone can point me to some bios settings to get me to an easy 2.5 (10x250 1:1). I don't have time to experiment until next week so I just want to get it stable enough for my kids play games during springbreak. My components are in sig.

Thanks in Advance if you can help.

Benamin

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just Installed my opty 170 and I am hoping someone can point me to some bios settings to get me to an easy 2.5 (10x250 1:1). I don't have time to experiment until next week so I just want to get it stable enough for my kids play games during springbreak. My components are in sig.

Thanks in Advance if you can help.

Benamin

here's a fair starting point.

1st. set the RAM divider to half the RAM clock speed. (1/2)

2nd set you FSB/HTT to 250 and CPU Mul to 10

3rd set the bus divider to 3

4th set the CPU VID (Vcore) to 1.35 this should work for this modest OC if not try 1.4 vcore.

I can get 10*280=2800 at 1.4vcore

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

IMK

here's a fair starting point.

1st. set the RAM divider to half the RAM clock speed. (1/2)

2nd set you FSB/HTT to 250 and CPU Mul to 10

3rd set the bus divider to 3

4th set the CPU VID (Vcore) to 1.35 this should work for this modest OC if not try 1.4 vcore.

I can get 10*280=2800 at 1.4vcore

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

IMK

Thanks, Mem kit is in my sig. I'll give it shot. On My attempt during install I think i didn't up the voltage enough.

Ben

Heres my new opty 165 CCBWE0602 :shake:

edit- omg I had to kill the quality of the image to fit the size limit.

Its 295x9 1.375V

Ram at 265mhz if you can't read it :rolleyes:

WOW, is that on stock vcore? Cool dude, congrats, thats impressive IMHO. Wonder how it will do on phase with those promising speed at that low vcore?

WOW, is that on stock vcore? Cool dude, congrats, thats impressive IMHO. Wonder how it will do on phase with those promising speed at that low vcore?

Not quite, stock is 1.325V or so. I can't get any higher then 295 without raising the vcore over 1.4V, and its not worth a few more mhz to me :rolleyes:

I'd trust what you set in BIOS over what the software says. But the only way to know *for_sure* is to get out a digital multi meter. Perhaps I'll try this myself.. Others with multimeters have found the actual volts to be precisely what it's set to in bios.

I'd trust what you set in BIOS over what the software says. But the only way to know *for_sure* is to get out a digital multi meter. Perhaps I'll try this myself.. Others with multimeters have found the actual volts to be precisely what it's set to in bios.

Well either way cpu-z says 1.375 :D

What is "set" on BIOS, or what is "said" on BIOS?

I always have the two settings in mind when adjusting the vcore, not the vcore reading itself... only a digital multimeter would determine who is saying the truth, but to be safe I prefer to know the maximum voltage I am using and not a probable undervolted reading, just in case :)

What is "set" on BIOS, or what is "said" on BIOS?

I always have the two settings in mind when adjusting the vcore, not the vcore reading itself... only a digital multimeter would determine who is saying the truth, but to be safe I prefer to know the maximum voltage I am using and not a probable undervolted reading, just in case :)

Next time i restart my computer I will check what it says in bios for voltage, not what I set it to. :cool: