for those that have installed 6.70 drivers successfully...

Do you have a sata hdd and if you do what options did you install. I read that there is a storage controller option now instead of the sw_ide driver. What is this? Also do you have any problems with windows not recognizing the sata drive?

thanx

Only problems are with the firewall, get BSOD with some apps and freezes with others, looked like ar neat app though, any configuration tips on avoiding these?

I agree that the firewall app looks interesting, but it seems that everyone that tries it has a problem with it. You can search through older posts, but the general consensus is to avoid using it. Obviously it wouldn't hurt to try new versions from time to time or we won't know when they improve it!

I agree that the firewall app looks interesting, but it seems that everyone that tries it has a problem with it. You can search through older posts, but the general consensus is to avoid using it. Obviously it wouldn't hurt to try new versions from time to time or we won't know when they improve it!

so i just did (after wrecking my XP install beyond repair by removing the old Nforce drivers from Windows while running RAID :eek:

But every stupid action has a good side:

1 - re-installed Windows XP

2 - Installed DX9c

3 - installed Nforce 6.70 (AMD Edition)

4- Installed ForceWare 81.87

And guess what? the firewall works!! :shake:

No more BSOD's while starting apps. It even told me that i needed to restart the PC to correct itself since windows update had overwritten some files.

However: first time access is damn slow, but once configured it's lightning fast...

Let's see how it keeps up..... :rolleyes: