Best Gaming LCD for $500

CPDMF

I am looking for the best gaming LCD I can buy for $500 bucks. I am not up on my LCD's and do not know how to pick one based on the specs. (Other than response time). Size is 19" or more.

Please don't post a bunch of links to sites. If you have an LCD in this price range tell me what you think of it, Pro's, Con's, Where you got it, and is it everything you wanted it to be.

My main concern is not spending my money and being dissapointed. I am currently on a NEC FE950 Multisync CRT and the picture quality is superb. I really enjoy the way my games look on this screen and would only buy an LCD that would give better quality viewing.

My main concern is not spending my money and being dissapointed. I am currently on a NEC FE950 Multisync CRT and the picture quality is superb. I really enjoy the way my games look on this screen and would only buy an LCD that would give better quality viewing.
To my old eyes no LCD can ever compare to a good tube.

-pickles

Keep your CRT then :cool:

Well, I use an Iiyama Pro Lite 20'/16msec response time .... the following is the the manufactorers site (with stated retail/I paid less?/You should be able to get it under $600 for a 20) However, if you are going to truly have a gaming machine have no misconception........ CRT is the best way to go if you have the space.

http://www.iiyama.us/pages/content.asp?SID...V=236&PROD=2760

CRT is the best way to go if you have the space.

http://www.iiyama.us/pages/content.asp?SID...V=236&PROD=2760

I used to believe that too, but now i've got a Syncmaster 930bf and it creams my CRT's, It's a 4ms response time so there is no ghosting whatsoever and the colours are amazing,

The Samsung Syncmaster 930bf can be bought in the UK for £250, not sure how much dollars that translates to :)

Kwan,

i have the exact model LCd its fantastic.Your gonna shed tears of jow when you see it. about $480 at best buy for a 19' with the extended warrenty and taxes altogether. this moniter is great. i love it. its Vibrant colors. 8ms responce time means it compeates with CRT. seriously your not gonna notice the differance between an 8MS LCD and a 4MsCRT. Anything once you get around 12ms and the human eye doesnt pickup the "Ghosting" wich has heald LCd's back for so long. i love this moniter and have absoultly nothing bad to say about it. I watch movies and PLAy FPS games and have a magnificent image.

Kwan,

i have the exact model LCd its fantastic.Your gonna shed tears of jow when you see it. about $480 at best buy for a 19' with the extended warrenty and taxes altogether. this moniter is great. i love it. its Vibrant colors. 8ms responce time means it compeates with CRT. seriously your not gonna notice the differance between an 8MS LCD and a 4MsCRT. Anything once you get around 12ms and the human eye doesnt pickup the "Ghosting" wich has heald LCd's back for so long. i love this moniter and have absoultly nothing bad to say about it. I watch movies and PLAy FPS games and have a magnificent image.

got the LCD and the whole system yesterday. totally in love with it! but how come it didn't come with a dvi cable??? it included the dvi cable in that review...

anyway, it looks really sexy in person :angel:

Thanks to all who recommended the Samsung LCD.. I actually ended up getting the 960BF with 1280 X 1024 res and 4ms response and it is everything and more than I expected.. Being a CRT Gamer I can recommend this LCD to even the most hardened CRT guy...

Thanks again... :nod: