Doing my part for energy conservation (merged environmental threads)

Angry_Games

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What were your problems with them? My problems are that they are too tall and won't fit in every holder in the house.

yep I have two lights that wont accept one because of how their base is...but...there are extender/adapters to make them fit!

I think the light from them is just fine...when I need super bright, I use my workstation coroner's lamp heh, or I get the trust 4x4' flossies cranking

• 1 month later...

I thought this thread was long dead.

AHH! my stupid lights have shorts in them now.. im thing about conserving more energy by ripping out of the wall and shoving them down the walmart owners ear :flusterd:

Walmart, The Value Ram of retailers.... :)

• 4 months later...

This is a disscussion thread for all of those people out there that wish for this world not to suck so much because of pollution, high gas prices, lack of a renuable energy source that is easily produced, solar dimming, and global warming due to Co2 production. It is NOT a political disscussion thread, there are plenty of those. If you have an Idea of how to make this world a better place just throw it out here, and if your an expert in a field of engineering and/or economics that the idea applies to PLEASE tell us what you know! :)

I am all for intellectual conversation, but I can see this thread turning into a

"Lets drill for oil in Alaska. GIT R DUN."

"Are you insane, theres so much Alaska has to offer. There's no one there, no big towns or contributions to society. It's a great place to raise a family, if you can even find somebody to raise it with."

... high gas prices...
Interestingly, higher gas prices actually help arrest the decay of the environment! The logic is fairly straightforward - higher costs mean less driving, which results in less combustion and accompanying exhaust.

While at a purely environmental level, I strongly support massive taxation of motor fuel, there is a more fundamental consequence to raising these prices that ultimately forces me to reject such an increase. Unfortunately, such price hikes inequitably burden the poor. While upper- and middle-class motorists are merely inconvenienced by higher gas prices, such an increase can be crippling to lower-class motorists. Many will simply no longer be able to afford to drive to work, and the consequences to them and their families would be dire.

I'm hoping to keep unsupported arguments out of this, and no matter where you go there is always the chance of that happening. Ive just seen a large ammount of engineers here along with young people (such as my self) that have idealistic views of the world that can hopefully, through reason and planning, be turned into realistic ones.

The only way to ease gas prices is to open oil reserves in the U.S. including Alaska. The problem is that there is getting such great demand in China and Europe that without us increasing our supply the demands cant be met. And if gas was only a dollar a gallon like it was a long long time ago people would be using it like mad and the demand would be huge. To keep gas at a resonable price and the supplys up the price has to be high which stops people from traveling, cruising the ghettos, and other pointless driving.