DFI Ultra-D NF4 939 - Retail just bought

AMD 3700 Sandiego - Retail just bought

Xfx 7800 gt - Retail just bought

480 watt ANTEC TrueBlue v2.0 - Retail just bought

2x 160gb Hitachi SATA 7200 RPM - Retail just bought

Thermaltake Big Typhoon - Retail just bought

36gb WD raptor - old

now ... i have found the

OCZ EL Platinum Revision 2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail

for 150 after rebate. Looks good but...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16820146890

What is the recommendation for memory around 200-300 for THE BEST, i mean SUPREME , MEANEST , (works with dfi ultra and amd3700 obviously) , BADDEST, KING OF memory? 2gbs preferred.

Thanks much in advance.

-Albert Yeh

The GX has the new heatspreaders. The GX PC4000 is UCCC (but the PC3200 might or might not be).

I think the older non-GX PC4000 is also UCCC but I have no primary info.

So, in theory they are identical.

In practice, however, the newest shipments of UCCC chips seem to do particularly well. So getting the brand new GX set you are likely to get some of these chips.

Anyone here using Kingston HyperX PC3200 (KHX3200K2/1G)? I've got a matched pair that I would like to try when I get my Opteron 148 next week. Have a NF4 SLI-DR and a Thermalright SI-120 w/panaflo FBA12G12L1A that I'm planning on using. As far as I've been able to find out, they are using the Winbond BH5 chips.. timings of 2-2-2-6-1 @2.6V is on the spec sheet. Anyone have any experience or advice using this memory? I see that Kingston is not recommended, but I'd like to try this memory before buying other memory.

Thanks!

Sharp,

Great information ... I am still confused though :) ... I am still using a P 3 :)

I am going to get an 165 or 170 but I really need help on the ram. I have no idea what to get with respect to make and model. The last time I was reading up on hardware bh5 memory and tccd was the rage. Since I never bought new parts at the time I have neither

Can someone please provide a few options and links to some memory that will allow me to OC a 165 or 170 well with hopefully a 1 to 1 ram ratio. Most likely I will be geting a non sli DFI Ultra board

Yes, I read the thread about ram ratios but if you can get a good OC at 1 : 1, why not?

I really want 2 gb of ram but I will take 1 gb if 2 gb breaks the bank

:beer:

WHat about this kit to go along with an Opteron 170 and dfi Ultra non sli

Do you know the details of these modules, TCCD, Windbond, etc ...

G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR 400 (PC 3200) Model #: F1-3200PHU2-2GBZX. A few posts above you linked to the HZ series so I was wondering about the ZX series

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820231032

Hello,

The ZX you linked to may have some Infineon CE-6 chips, G.skill are keeping quiet but the results seem to match that of other Infineon CE-6 based memory modules.

For the same price you can get the HZ kit.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820231021

This one is guaranteed to run at 250Mhz with 3-4-4-8 timings.

The chips on the HZ are Samsung UCCC.

How far do you wish to OC?

Hey Sharp, I do not game at all, I use 3d programs such as maya. With that said, I think tighter timings with the highest OC I can get would be better, what do you think? You know more ...

which kit for the highest OC at the lowest timings or in other words, which kit OC highest untill you have to relax the timings?