nF4 Memory Advice (updated 14/11/06)

Sharp

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can i use Corsair ValueSelect Memory Modules on DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D mobo ?

You can but I have seen someone having some troubles with it and I think there is an entry on OCDB who succesfully have an OC on those sticks. DFI is a bit picky with the Corsiar ram, my TwinXLPro can only run with a divider with my board, go figure, that was with the Ultra-D and the Newcasle/X2 chips.

You can but I have seen someone having some troubles with it and I think there is an entry on OCDB who succesfully have an OC on those sticks. DFI is a bit picky with the Corsiar ram, my TwinXLPro can only run with a divider with my board, go figure, that was with the Ultra-D and the Newcasle/X2 chips.

I was just asking because currently i'm using a pair of 512mb Corsair ValueSelect and i'm going to switch to AMD socket 939 platform and i'm still consider the Lanparty NForce4 Ultra-D or NF4 Ultra Infinity , is there any incompatibality issues with the Corsair ValueSelect memory modules ?

Hello,

The problem is with Corsair, many people have been able to use VS without problems but sometimes it does not quiite work.

This may be solved by adjusting the memory timings but should it still continue to be unstable, there is nothing that will solve it.

So unfortunately the best answer anyone can give you is to try it and see what happens or buy some good low latency memory.

Are you going to be gaming or overclocking, what else do you plan to use (GFX, PSU, etc...)

Hello,

The problem is with Corsair, many people have been able to use VS without problems but sometimes it does not quiite work.

This may be solved by adjusting the memory timings but should it still continue to be unstable, there is nothing that will solve it.

So unfortunately the best answer anyone can give you is to try it and see what happens or buy some good low latency memory.

Are you going to be gaming or overclocking, what else do you plan to use (GFX, PSU, etc...)

Currently i'm using 2 sticks of 512mb Corsair ValueSelect PC3200 DDR400 CL2.5-3-3-8 memory modules. I will be doing light gaming and some overclocking , GFX will be either Geforce 6600GT or ATI x800GTO2 , PSU, Acbel Intelligent Power 450w ( is this good ? ) are can u recommend a better one around the price range . Thanks.

What memory modules should I get?

----------------------------------------------

Buying the right memory is very important. It will affect your computers performance when gaming and if you are going to overclock.

Low latency modules are the best modules to buy, they are all equipped with good low latency chips and with the
2-2-2-X
timings they offer the best possible performance @200Mhz. Also the build quality will be very high and heat spreaders will come as standard.

Cheap modules will use chips that have high timings such as
2.5-3-3-6
/
2.5-3-3-8
/
3-3-3-8
. These modules may not work well in the DFI board.

Damn I thought this was very good memory.

It was $155 after the rebate when I bought it last month though.

Worked well on my Asus A8N SLI-Deluxe.

I'm building another Rig today as soon as the parts come.

Went with a DFI this time because Asus support and the bios suck.

I'll post some pics as I go.

How is this memory? G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 500 (PC 4000) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - F1-4000BIU2-2GBHV

Is it UCCD or some other type of Samsung or some type of Winbond maybe?

I ended up purchasing http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820231021 I just wanted to see what that other stuff was like in case I end up not liking the timings on the G.Skill that I bought.