nF4 Memory Advice (updated 14/11/06)

Sharp

hallo everyone.

I have read the last pages and I have also studied the guide on page one... but I am still somewhat undecided. I believe, and read this a few times, that nowadays more than 1024MB Ram can indeed help to alter performance! And thats what I want to do.

As most of the people I am using an ordinary silly DELL PC at work and at home I enjoy my private PC mostly for games (see specs below). I love games which are hardware extensive on CPU and RAM (Operation Flashpoint) and I also enjoy creating movie intros/outros and recording them with Fraps. I know it is a childish hobby but I still enjoy doing it! ;)

So my question is: You know my specs, you know what I usually do with my PC.. what RAM do I need?

Does 2048 make sense?

PC 3200 or PC 4000?

If the price is not so important, what product would you suggest? (I dont necessarily tune the memory)

Thanks for your reply, and yes, I have read a quite a few pages to find the answer, but I havent found one that satisfied me!

:dog: (and dont miss the worldcup this summer)

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PC4000 is for overclocking. Tight 3200 is for those who would prefer to use the "optimal settings" loaded from bios. So if you don't really want to tweak it, get the tightest 3200 you can find.

PC4000 is for overclocking. Tight 3200 is for those who would prefer to use the "optimal settings" loaded from bios. So if you don't really want to tweak it, get the tightest 3200 you can find.

Okay! :) , you have any specific model/brand in mind? As mentioned the price is not so important! I thought about going for OCZ (OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K, Platinum EL) with these Specs

Timings

CAS Latency (CL) 2

RAS-to-CAS-Delay (tRCD) 3

RAS-Precharge-Time (tRP) 2

Row-Active-Time (tRAS) 5

getting ready for my next rebuild and pretty much decided to go with NF4 SLI-DR Expert. I know its specs say it will accept 4gb of ram but has any one tried more than 2gb? Will it be stable with 4? I was looking at the OCZ gold or platinum, 4 x 1gb. Will be using it mainly with Photoshop, not overclocking to start with but want to keep my options open. Any suggestions/recommendations? Thanks, John

It will work, just disable the CPC on bios, which will set it to 2T. A_G's got this entry on the SLI-DR, same mobo except for the board layout on the ram slot and PCI-E spacing. Currently working on a purchase for another pair of Ballistix to add to mine but I can't find them. Here is that entry by the way. :D

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...96&postcount=61