nF4 Memory Advice (updated 14/11/06)

Sharp

The G.Skill NS is probably a low-binned HX set.

Over at XS one person reported great clocks, a followup only slightly better than specified.

BTW, you can get this cheaper if you buy two individual sticks (75 each or so), and you can save a few more bucks by heading over to Newegg's chiefvalue site which has cheaper shipping. Since you have to pay twice the shipping for two individual sticks they come out cheaper.

Last but not least these don't have heatspreaders, not even in the U.S., don't be mislead by the photo.

Now, what I really want to know is what chips they have.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to go for the G. Skill. It seems to be a good value for the price. Basically it is $50 for every 512mb which to me is good for quality ram. I have heard too much about the Ballistix sticks going bad to make me want to get that ram.

at newegg it says that the G.Skill im looking to buy does come with heat spreaders. if it ships and doesnt have them, ill be very upset and newegg will hear about it for falsly advertising it on their website.

To my knowledge, the only gigabyte sticks that G.Skill ships without heatspreaders in the U.S. are the NG (Value).

In Europe the situation is different, some vendors choose functionality over looks especially for the German market.

I am in the planning stage of putting together the system in my sig, although some thing can/will change, the board and CPU will not. That being said, I was wondering if this would be a good choice of RAM for my system? I'm not a heavy gamer, although with a competent machine I may dabble from time to time. I want some reliable RAM for as cheap as possible, can anyone make some suggestions? I was thinking about this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820141011

Hey guys. First I'd just like to say THANK YOU for the ram information. Was a big help. :)

I'm looking into buying either 2GB (2x1GB) of ram or 1GB (2x512mb). I want to dual channel naturally too. As you can see, my current ram is . and I'm having some serious troubles even attempting to run it at stock it (it's not Patriot's high end stuff). I'm looking at these right now:

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16820231021

and

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16820144517

My price range is about $230 or so.

Big question, do I need 2GB or will 1GB suffice? I play games (BF2, HL2, Fear), so, you'll need to take that into consideration. Will 2GB see a nice performance increase over 1GB? Is it worth the cash?

Thanks for the help! If those sticks aren't top quality, what else can I get?

do anyone know the chip on mushkin xp4000 2g kit(2x1g)

There are several 2x 1 GB PC4000 Mushkin sets.

The Redline have Infineon CE-6 (like OCZ EB and G.Skill ZX) and the black PC4000 has Samsung OCCC (like G.Skill HZ and HS and OCZ Gold/GOLD GX).

I was thinkin...

Since games like that now basically require 2gigs, is having a total of 4gigs so bad?

Would it have an affect/effect (can never remember which one to use :confused: ) on o/c the RAM? Although, if I remember correctly, I have mine set with a divider so it runs at or near its rated 250Mhz.

I just think having 4 sticks of the ballistix Tracers in my rig, with a side window, would look cool.... hehe, I'd never play anything, I'd just run Prime95 and stare at the pretty lights all the time... hehe :drool: :D :shake:

Later,

breezyjr