Angry Fantasy NHL Hockey @ Yahoo Sports (free!)

Angry_Games

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting draft so far.... I was hoping Sakic would slip under the radar till next round, perhaps even Samsonov, but I'm glad I bit the bullet and grabbed Belfour....

Pre-draft I only had one bona-fide starter, with Osgood and Ward both splitting time and coming off of injuries

Because Belfour > Osgood...

I don't see him getting full platoon time, like Rolo/Ferny in Minesotta, nor will he become the #1 starter, which I see Legace keeping

And with all the talent Toronto has, I fully feel they can put some wins together

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

just thought I'd throw an update for any of us hockey fans

I bought me some Easton Synergy 500 hockey skates last night, and tried them out this afternoon (and even momma went skating with me!).

I also bought most of the equipment needed to play league hockey...crap is expensive holy jeez...but well worth the money as far as I am concerned (this hobby might even take more of my time and energy than computers...!).

I just learning to skate and will be taking the "Hockey 101" classes at the ice rink so I can join an adult league this summer or fall...whenever.

I think I am reallllllly going to dig playing hockey.

Plus it has been 14+ days without cigarettes so I am slowly starting to bring myself around to exercising more and getting back into normal shape, then beyond into good shape I hope.

I know we have one professional hockey player here at the Street...does anyone else just play ice hockey as a hobby or activity like adult leagues or something? I'd be very interested to know (and yap with ya about stuff I don't know squat about and have to constantly annoy some of the Steelheads with dumb questions like "do you wear underwear under your jock-pants?" or "how come some hockey players tell me they don't wear socks with their skates???"

heh

booyah

I've been on skates 3 times

I suck at it

but i got the helmet, stick, skates, gloves, and soon all the pads and guards and I am gonna learn no matter what it takes, just like I learned how to overclock and build computers, just like I learned guitar, just like anything that was tough to learn.

just thought I'd throw an update for any of us hockey fans

I bought me some Easton Synergy 500 hockey skates last night, and tried them out this afternoon (and even momma went skating with me!).

I also bought most of the equipment needed to play league hockey...crap is expensive holy jeez...but well worth the money as far as I am concerned (this hobby might even take more of my time and energy than computers...!).

I just learning to skate and will be taking the "Hockey 101" classes at the ice rink so I can join an adult league this summer or fall...whenever.

I think I am reallllllly going to dig playing hockey.

Plus it has been 14+ days without cigarettes so I am slowly starting to bring myself around to exercising more and getting back into normal shape, then beyond into good shape I hope.

I know we have one professional hockey player here at the Street...does anyone else just play ice hockey as a hobby or activity like adult leagues or something? I'd be very interested to know (and yap with ya about stuff I don't know squat about and have to constantly annoy some of the Steelheads with dumb questions like "do you wear underwear under your jock-pants?" or "how come some hockey players tell me they don't wear socks with their skates???"

heh

booyah

I've been on skates 3 times

I suck at it

but i got the helmet, stick, skates, gloves, and soon all the pads and guards and I am gonna learn no matter what it takes, just like I learned how to overclock and build computers, just like I learned guitar, just like anything that was tough to learn.

ive played for about 11 years or so, so ask away. im going to open ice this coming thursday..cant wait. very fun sport, first couple of weeks will be tough, as anything is, but the more you play, the more you will learn. you should buy another stick and puck (super 88 electrical tape, or the snazzy red "speed puck") and shoot outside. practice stick handling and shooting. if you have a net, get a "shooter tutor" to help your aim. also, keep your "outside" stick off the ice, and vice versa.

pb, out.